Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 205 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatchThis View Post
before we bought the Smart I checked out the local Nissan dealer and they had no Leafs available for sale, new or used, I thought that odd considering they are the number one EV seller. Then again I wasn't actually planning on buying a Leaf but I was curious to check one out.
Exact same story here. Did the same search, found that Nissan dealers were not interested in selling EV's,

Bought my Smart ED after one test drive.
post #183 of 205 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I just bought a "used" 2014 Electric Drive with about 300 miles for what seems like a song--10,450. I bought it in the Dallas area, but I live in Austin. Since these were never officially sold in Texas (correct me if I am wrong), will the Smart dealer nearest to me be able to service it? I called and asked. I was put on hold 4 times when I called as they asked around the office, and finally got a confirmation. But it seems like it should not have been a difficult question. So I wonder....
My Smart is telling me it is -20 days due for service. I suppose it is purely age related, because the CarFax indicated the warranty started in July 2014. What will need to be checked? And how much do you think they might charge me?
My ForTwo is totally white, with sunroof. But pretty basic otherwise. I love it so far. I like how nimble it is, the quiet, the surprisingly high sitting position. I am beginning to hate the seat though. The way it breaks in half in the middle of the thigh is rather uncomfortable, as the two parts seem very different in stiffness. Some of the looseness of the dash components are a bit surprising (mostly that part with the door locks), but I guess they work fine. I really wish it had a CD player too. Do any EDs have them, or is this a battery drain?
I have always had small cars, and this is the ultimate for fun and efficiency in city driving. I always liked to track fuel efficiency/mpg, and this electric thing makes that nearly impossible. My electric utility has four-tier pricing that is also different in summer and winter, so it's virtually--if not practically--impossible to determine the cost of charging per mile. Especially since it would be so much work to also try to track what goes into the charger. Science was not my strength in school. :-\
Anyway, I already had someone ride in it with me say "I want one now". Too bad they've been discontinued for now.
I have so much to learn about this new type of transportation.
stevenvillatoro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 205 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 05:25 PM
aka 'smart-1'

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
SCoA
post #185 of 205 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethDove View Post
I really wish it had a CD player too. Do any EDs have them, or is this a battery drain?
I have always had small cars, and this is the ultimate for fun and efficiency in city driving. I always liked to track fuel efficiency/mpg
Anyway, I already had someone ride in it with me say "I want one now". Too bad they've been discontinued for now.
The ED can play music from USB. I use a 8GB USB drive and periodically change the music set from my CD library. I can comfortably fit a dozen albums on USB.

I never worry about efficiency or cost of driving in the Smart ED, it's just so cheap to drive, what's the point of looking after the 5c difference between driving like you want to, or driving efficiently?

Yeah, the friend who rides in an electric car usually responds that way, I've seen that for both of the EV's in our garage. :-)
post #186 of 205 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The -20 days to service can be reset and the #of days before next service adjusted. The latter is a simple menu option. I can never remember the reset sequence but it's in the owners manual of my 2013.

I haven't noticed any looseness in mine. That whole panel of buttons just pulls off. There are screws behind it to take the dash apart. Maybe one of the clips has come loose or broken.
post #187 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Sethdove....that price seems really low. I know this thread is old, but did you confirm that you own the battery? At that price, I suspect not? You can call to verify with MB at 866-700-9853 and tell them the VIN. Do it anonymously of course ;-). Thing is, if you don't own it eventually MB will catch up to you, demand $5k payment or $80 monthly lease. Maybe you're already doing the latter, you didn't say. Good luck either way.
post #188 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
A couple other things....charging and logging the costs...just figure out what your night time cents per kwh rate is, and use the time charging option to ensure you only charge up during those hours. Easy to do.

On the loose dash switch panel. Yeah, after mine was pulled once to work on the audio, mine's loose now too. You can pull it off easily, likely the 2 clips holding it in place just need bent wider.

On dealers, I ma sure you found out most MB dealers are not Smart centers, and won't help you a lick.
post #189 of 205 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
We picked up our Prime 453 yesterday.

So far, so fun!
jwight and smartAPM like this.
post #190 of 205 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Congrats, that's one of my favorite color combos for the ed!
asalazar likes this.

Tags
453 , electric drive , new york , smart center ny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode