42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 204 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishM View Post
Picked up Cheeto yesterday. He is a 2018 Smart ED and what a blast to drive. Also quite the step up from my 2008 smart fortwo I had prior; she was yellow and silver and had all the options you could have back then, bluetooth wasn't even a thing, nor was a USB port in your car :P

Yesterday I was at 51 eco...today while driving around I was at 91 - I was never one to ride my brakes ever but I am normally fast on the takeaway etc, so I am just modifying how I drive to match the car.
Just saw your post

Have to disagree, not a cheeto, more like a cheese puff!

But, that orange looks great a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Long gap since the last new smart electric drive owner posted, has to be at least a few others out there? - we picked up our 10th anniversary edition a week ago and love it. It will mostly be driven by my wife but tried it myself on my own 50+ mile r/t commute earlier this week - started at a full charge and still had close to 40% when I got home - drove using the Eco mode so kept speeds at 70 or under on the expressway. As Iíve taken this trip a number of times with our Ď14 (gas) Cabrio it was great to compare the ride quality, etc. - this latest version is a definite step up. The most amazing thing we saw during the past week was an indicated range of 95 miles !! Of course this isnít realistic but the cars range estimator seems to be a lot better than my first gen LEAF was.

We plan to use this car for our weekend errands as well to keep the mileage down on our other cars, itís a real joy to drive, if youíre in need for a (relatively) low mileage daily commuter car and can charge at home leasing a smart ED should be on your list.

Our 3-year lease will buy us enough time to see what the next gen smart or what other mfgís have to offer but this is a great Ďstop gapí car while we wait - itís not perfect (everyone of course wants more range) but serves its purpose quite well ... bravo Mercedes for upgrading its EV program cars and sticking with the US market for the past 10 years.
post #203 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2018 ED in Colorado, purchased in June, less than 1000 miles so far. Great car, great fun, perfect for daily errands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Got our second New Smart ED

Saw this thread was alive, so I thought I would add to it. Our First Smart Passion Cabrio ED was at lease end Aug 5th 2018. We ordered a 2018 Prime Cabrio ED about March 15th.

It arrived and was delivered July 28th last month. We wrapped the last car to promote our brand, it was used to make delivery and pickup runs in our country town 45 minutes north of Boston. On weekends we tour breweries & wineries in the region as they are typical customers of our brand. Promoting driving electric, the smart car and our brand as we travel and online after. We can go into more of that in another thread if anyone asks.

I think we got a 2018 1/2 at least that is what we would call them when I was younger. We did not order a backup camera, but it came with it. (new US law)

And it has a problem... It charges to fast. When I say to fast, last night the car was plugged in at 53% available. The car reported it would take 1 hour and 25 minutes to charge. It actually took 45 minutes to charge. Today before a run to a few towns over, to pick up boxes of raw material, it was at 70% plugged it in to top it off. Charged to 100% in 16 minutes.

On a shakedown trip to the coast, we stopped at a solar farm and had similar speed on the charge. 50-100% in 45 minutes.

I have a feeling, the 2019 cars will be set up to charge faster than the 2017-2018. We are used to our 2015 taking much, much longer to charge. But this speed is beyond the 2018 specks, and what the dealer indicated it would be.

We have a energy monitor on our power, I captured the 2015's last charge and the 2018's first charge. I will post a new thread when I get a chance.

Tags
electric drive , new york , smart center ny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode