Smart Car of America Forum banner

Just changed trans oil on my EV

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  lebikerboy 
#1 ·
I put full Synth Lucas and I saw efficiency numbers never seen before.

See attached picture, has anyone else seen 6 before, I never had before this.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
On an EV I'd probably never change it. The maintenance chart also does not mention the transmission fluid ever due to be changed. It doesn't really get any stress on it like a regular transmission does.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 15,000 miles

#10 ·
It doesn't really get any stress on it like a regular transmission does.
Exactly ! They are only single speed tyrannies. On the gas side of things there is literature out by Mercedes that even warns you not to be changing even the oil to soon in the Smart.

Everything most of us have been accustomed to gets thrown out the window when it comes to the Smarts. It's a whole separate breed unto itself, with clever engineering that was never thought possible. We can all take pride in the knowledge that our car will some day grace the halls of the Smithsonian Institute as one of automotive's all time great engineering accomplishments. Forever in the annals of great 21st century technology.

Future historians will perhaps point to this period when hope was within reach only to be sabotaged by fake claims and greed. The precursor to America's ultimate downfall as foretold long ago by George Orwell.

#9 ·
Really don't understand what all the hubbub is about over changing the tranny oil in a limited range Electric Vehicle with a single fixed-gear ratio transmission??

As Len suggests - "The maintenance chart also does not mention the transmission fluid ever due to be changed."

Kinda like sorting the socks in your sock drawer - why? :shrug:

#12 ·
So have done a few hundred miles since change and I am able to sustain 3.3 to 3.5 mpkh even with highway use.
I used to drop into the 2.4 region as soon as speed went up.

Before real cold sets in I may change oil again 75w90 full synth

FYI there is a mag drain plug stock and it had some very small particles, no big deal

#13 ·
I've gotten 7mi/Kwh according to the car a few times on my 2014 convertible. I generally average 6+ in the summer. Actual number is in the mid to upper 5's, lifetime (3 years, 8,700 miles) actual is 5.0

I live in the Chicago area so no real terrain around here, just warm weather and a decent tailwind is needed to get a higher number.

#18 · (Edited)
Sadly I don't know hot it has to be done. Otherwise it would be listet on my website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.