LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredAgain View Post
These were the ones I purchased:

smart car Wheel Spacers by SILA Concepts - 20mm (set of 2) Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

They come with extended length bolts. Use a little bit of locktite on the screw that holds the spacer in place and all will be great. I've got several thousand miles on them with no problems at all.

Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983JZR3W View Post
I have Eibach wheel spacers on my car, 20mm front and 30mm rear. The Eibach spacer looks a lot like the ones Foolios posted a link to. It is much easier to mount the wheel when you have the protruding center area to hang the wheel on when starting the wheel bolts.
Why the spaces in the back too?
Got a link of yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredAgain View Post
These were the ones I purchased:

smart car Wheel Spacers by SILA Concepts - 20mm (set of 2) Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

They come with extended length bolts. Use a little bit of locktite on the screw that holds the spacer in place and all will be great. I've got several thousand miles on them with no problems at all.

Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983JZR3W View Post
I have Eibach wheel spacers on my car, 20mm front and 30mm rear. The Eibach spacer looks a lot like the ones Foolios posted a link to. It is much easier to mount the wheel when you have the protruding center area to hang the wheel on when starting the wheel bolts.
Why the spaces in the back too?
Got a link of yours?

Any videos on how to put these on?
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 06:23 PM
10Year+ Supporting Member
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Garage
I have many pictures in my gallery of my car with and without wheel spacers. Eibach has a video on their site showing how to install them. Basically, remove the tire/wheel from your car, place spacer on brake drum or disc hub, reinstall tire/wheel combo and insert the three longer lug bolts supplied by Eibach, tighten to spec and go to next wheel. Couldn't be easier.

On the 30mm spacer, it is bolted to the rear brake drum with longer lug bolts (supplied with spacers) and the wheel/tire combo is bolted to the spacer with the stock lug bolts.

I installed the spacers to give the car more of a flush look. The edge of the tire is now even with the fender lip. I like the look, but it is not for everyone.
Foolios likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1983JZR3W For This Useful Post:
Foolios (03-26-2019)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode