Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   Spring 2012 Nationals-Destination Daytona (cancelled) (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   2012 Smart Spring Nationals-Destination Daytona (Cancelled) (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f172/2012-smart-spring-nationals-destination-daytona-cancelled-39011/)

kwagar 05-27-2011 01:23 PM

2012 Smart Spring Nationals-Destination Daytona (Cancelled)

Planning is now underway for the 2012 Smart Spring Nationals-Destination Daytona to be held near Daytona Beach, Florida on March 1,2,3 and 4 of 2012.

We have secured a world class venue that includes in a single location a Hotel and condo's, 3 restaurants, a Bar, A huge covered pavilion for gatherings out of any poor weather, almost unlimited parking, RV parking and dry camping on site, a fuel station immediately adjacent and easy access to I-95.

In addition is a covered registration area, the potential for cash bars for any group events, the world's largest Harley Davidson dealer and easy drives to St. Augustine, The Beaches, The Space Center, the Daytona Speedway and even Orlando and the Theme Parks.

We have secured unbelievable rates for the hotels and condo's during the high demand spring season and are now making plans to include a beautiful group drive through a State Park and down the beaches, optional trips to all of the sightseeing venues, A group BBQ dinner, dancing to your favorite tunes in the pavilion and a number of other group activities still in the works.

Much is uncertain in the world of smart with dealerships closing and very little communication from smart USA or from MB but we know we like to get together with these great little cars and we believe we have a great location at a great time of year.

What could be better than Spring Break in Daytona! Watch this space for further details and registration and hotel info coming soon and in the meantime block out Mar 1-4 2012 and plan on meeting us at the Spring Nationals-Destination Daytona!!!!!!

MeeUV 05-27-2011 04:13 PM

Looking forward to it... Booked my room!

jimvw57 05-27-2011 05:00 PM

How do you book a room without knowing where it is located???

Sounds like a good reason to go SOUTH for a bit and get away from all the snow and cold...Let me know when to start whining about how it should be closer to Minnesota.. and how far it is to drive....Whine Whine Whine.. (just practicing)

kwagar 05-27-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimvw57 (Post 438052)
How do you book a room without knowing where it is located???

Sounds like a good reason to go SOUTH for a bit and get away from all the snow and cold...Let me know when to start whining about how it should be closer to Minnesota.. and how far it is to drive....Whine Whine Whine.. (just practicing)

I will provide more detail including specific location, room rates and phone numbers for reservations in the next few days. Stay tuned!!!!

jetfuel 05-27-2011 05:36 PM

...you guys down south sure know how to make it rough for the rest of us...

jetfuel...keep us posted....sounds good...

rfernatt 05-27-2011 05:53 PM

Spring Break in Daytona? smarts gone wild? :p

I'm tuned...

Brad09 05-27-2011 06:26 PM

I'll block it off - Is this at that Bruce Rossmeyer complex? Been there on my sporty - it's pretty cool.

10632 05-27-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetfuel (Post 438061)
...you guys down south sure know how to make it rough for the rest of us...

jetfuel...keep us posted....sounds good...

Jet, you are the biggest southerner of us all, though you have chosen to go into hiding in the great white north! But yeah, we know how to party down in Dixie!

xrayguy32 05-27-2011 07:26 PM

Yay, I love Daytona Beach might have to come to this one!! :)

kwagar 05-30-2011 12:16 PM

Some preliminary Details:
2012 Smart Spring Nationals
Preliminary Schedule of Events
Thursday March 1, 2012
3:00 PM: Hotel Check-In available
4:00 PM-10:00 PM: Event Registration Opens in the Budweiser Garage
5:00 PM-10:00 PM: Dinner on your own-Recommend Houligan’s
5:00 PM-10:00 PM: Casual Meet and Greet in the Coca Cola Pavilion- BYOB

Friday March 2, 2012
8:00 AM-10:00 AM: Registration Open in the Budweiser Garage
10:30 AM: Stage Cars for The Loop Drive
11:00 AM-1:00 PM: Group Drive on The Loop
3:00 PM: Stage Cars in Main Lot for Group Picture #1
5:00 PM-6:00 PM: Cash Bar Cocktail Hour and Social in the Coke Pavilion with RC Car racing for those interested.
8:00 PM-10:00 PM: Special Surprise Event in the Coca Cola pavilion

Saturday March 3, 2012
6:00 AM-9:00 AM: Optional Sunrise Drive on New Smyrna Beach with On your own Breakfast afterward in New Smyrna.
9:00 AM-3:00 PM: On your own to visit attractions or hang out at the famous beaches.
3:00 PM: Stage Cars for Group Picture #2 (Maybe at a surprise venue yet to be determined.)
5:00 PM-6:00 PM: Cash Bar Cocktail Hour and Social in the Coke Pavilion
6:00 PM-7:30 PM: Group BBQ Dinner in the Pavilion
7:30 PM-11:00 PM: Dancing and Party to all kinds of music from the 60s to current hits including your requests by a DJ.

Sunday March 4, 2012
9:00 AM-10:30: Optional group farewell breakfast or brunch at a location yet to be determined.
10:30 AM: Depart for home
(Schedule is subject to change as planning takes place)