LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Closed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janabel View Post
On Dec 23rd. A nice early christmas present. Ended up with 2 new rims and tires, tire pressure monitoring systems, axle housing and cross member. It went to insurance, so my part of the bill, which came to $4,284.29, was $500.00 It was done at Von Housen Mercedes in Sacramento. They were really nice to me, and so far, all is o.k. I sure am glad to have her back!
Am very happy for you that it only cost you $500, BUT....$4284.29 is about 1/2 the cost of a used 2008 with a few miles on it. It just sounds outrageous to me for the amount of the parts and work done. Maybe I'm still locked into my old '71 Beetle, where you could get 2 rebuilt engines for that. I think a new muffler was 25 cents. Just kidding about the muffler.

Ahem....I'm going to ask, because everyone refers to you as "him," but "Janabel" sounds feminine to me. Which is it? I apologize in advance if your name is something like "Zeke H. (for Harry) Janabel."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 08:25 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks,

It is good to hear that Von Housen delivered on or ahead of schedule and that they apparently do good work. I have stopped in there twice just to see the progress they are making integrating smart into their operation. The parts guy was telling me how inexpensive he thought smart parts were compared to mercedes. They are not carrying many extras for smarts though.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Well, you know how expensive parts are! If you priced a car one item at a time, it would cost a whole lot more. Anyway, I'd have had to pay the same $500.00, no matter where it was repaired and the dealer seems to have done it right, so far. They promise "excellence" and with those prices, they bloody well should! Janabel is a she, thanks for asking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 AM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by janabel View Post
Well, you know how expensive parts are! If you priced a car one item at a time, it would cost a whole lot more. Anyway, I'd have had to pay the same $500.00, no matter where it was repaired and the dealer seems to have done it right, so far. They promise "excellence" and with those prices, they bloody well should! Janabel is a she, thanks for asking.
I'm so perceptive that I scare myself sometimes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode