Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   Safety (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f179/)
-   -   Smartie vs Guardrail (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f179/smartie-vs-guardrail-49273/)

Chicopee Smartie 05-10-2013 05:33 AM

Smartie vs Guardrail

Hey all. Just out of the hospital after driving my Smartie across lanes of on coming traffic, into a guard rail, actually just grazing it. I had a black out/seizure and somehow avoided dying on a busy road. I'm good, but Smartie needs work now. I was in a daze, shaken and in shock, and one cop on the scene felt the need to get a foot from my face "telling" me to "get rid of this deathtrap". Well, I am still alive thank you! Even the ambulance guys commented to each other how crass the guy was!
So I need front and rear fenders in 2010 Rally Red and two 5.5, 9 spoke wheels (i had rears all around). And probably valance clips. Luckily i saved the skinny fronts, now back on but without tpms still in the wrecked rims. The sensors survived though!
I probably will fix myself, dont want Surcharge. The wheels easy enough to find, can anyone help locate the 2 body panels? thanks guys!

JPaul 05-10-2013 05:38 AM

Glad you're OK, smartie did its job!

squatch 05-10-2013 05:40 AM

Ouch glad you are OK!

chieftmc 05-10-2013 05:45 AM

Just glad you're OK :)

wrumbarger 05-10-2013 07:13 AM

Glad you are OK.

Yes, cop was a hole.

Fixing it yourself is a great option and will same you many $.

I would strongly suggest that you get the insurance adjustment done by a smart center just to make sure that there is no "hidden" damage?

smark 05-10-2013 07:41 AM

Glad your ok, and didn't hurt anyone else.

SkippyThorson 05-10-2013 08:47 AM

Really glad you're ok. Sorry to hear about your Smart. Important thing was that the little roll cage on wheels kept you safe and sound. That cop just must have had a thing against little cars. So be it; let him be a giant jerk.

I'm always on ebay looking up stuff for myself or to pass along to others. If I ever see any rally red panels, I'll certainly pass them along. Keep safe. :)

Stretchmobile 05-10-2013 09:04 AM

I hate when cops let their personal opinions color their judgement. I got that in my VW bus all the time. I guess if it was up to them, we would all be driving F350's.

BobDiaz 05-10-2013 11:28 AM

I'm glad you're OK, sorry that your Smart got messed up.

You may want to write a letter of complaint to the cop's supervisor. The last thing someone needs is a smart-a** comment when they are in pain and suffering. What the officer did was VERY unprofessional.

Bob Diaz

MP3SMART 05-10-2013 01:11 PM

I would of got in trouble by unleashing a profanity tirade on his arse.