Congrats to Steven @ SmartieParts for recent Area 451 Parts CC Merger!!! - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats to Steven @ SmartieParts for recent Area 451 Parts CC Merger!!!

I don't know how many of you have been following the Area 451 Parts Cruise Control craze, but it was just announced this morning that Steven of SmartieParts has taken controlling interest of Area 451 Parts! :eek:

Congratulations Steven...this most definitely is well deserved, and a welcome change! I can't wait to get my cruise control installed. Keep up the good work!

From Area451Parts.com...

Link: Merger Announcement

Quote:
Effective immediately, Mr. Steven Morehouse, former proprietor of SmartieParts and operator of SmartieParts, Smart Parts for Smart Cars, has negotiated and assumed controlling interest in Area 451 Parts Ltd. SmartieParts is to be absorbed by Area 451 Parts Ltd. as a subsidiary.

Mr. Morehouse has been an integral part of the development of the Area 451 cruise control since the beginning and his expanded role is welcomed.

Other than a shift in ownership, nothing is changing operationally. Area 451 will continue the development, manufacture, and wholesale of unique aftermarket parts for smart cars while SmartieParts will continue to retail those parts, as well as others, to the public.

Due to this vertical integration, we would like to assure our present and future wholesale partners that SmartieParts will sell our products, both current and future, to the public at the published MSRP only. Those partners are free to sell at whatever price they wish and/or offer value-added services such as installation. Customers are encouraged to shop where they feel most comfortable. Our website will provide a list of all authorized resellers as they become available.

Thank you.

Area 451 Parts Ltd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
I don't know how many of you have been following the Area 451 Parts Cruise Control craze, but it was just announced this morning that Steven of SmartieParts has taken controlling interest of Area 451 Parts! :eek:

Congratulations Steven...this most definitely is well deserved, and a welcome change! I can't wait to get my cruise control installed. Keep up the good work!

From Area451Parts.com...

Link: Merger Announcement
Fantastic, Steven! With all the doom and gloom in the news it's nice to hear such good news for one of the truly good guys.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,456 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Congratulations indeed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 04:13 PM

Congrats indeed!

And 3 free staples to the next 10 purchasers, on me!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWehman View Post
Congrats indeed!

And 3 free staples to the next 10 purchasers, on me!
HA HA!!! Comedy, but I think Steven has it covered now.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned

Congratulations Steven!! I guess that acting job is definately now history!! I really was looking forward to Encino Man II!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sigh... for those not understanding the above "acting" reference... SOME people seem to think I look like Brendan Fraser. I hadn't heard that for years until seeing Dunerunner in Prosser. I don't see the connection.

Here's a pic of Brendan

Here's a pic of me

I don't know... I guess in the eyes.

Thanks all for the kind words. All the pieces fit and it worked out well. So far anyway. Yes, staples are now included with all purchases! Actually, I'm trying to see if I can get a Chinese company to whip me up a few hundred tools that are to my spec that would make that step a breeze. The problem is all the North American shops are quoting me over $40 a piece while the Chinese shops are quoting < $1 but want me to buy 100,000 So we'll see. Quality isn't a HUGE issue since it is just a tool and not an integral part of the kit.

Just so everyone knows. The team is the same. Craig is still the go-to guy for design and engineering support and all the employees for assembly and quality control are remaining on. Really nothing changes.

- Steven

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode