post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:05 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettuce View Post
Even though it will be "under new management" next year, I hope you come and just play.
What's going on? :eek:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:34 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcar111 View Post
What's going on? :eek:

You have to be there to understand!

I have run the Dragon event for three years, and am handing it off to others with more energy and some fresh ideas.

But not to fear - Monday after the event, my wonderful wife and I met with a realtor, and we have found a property in the area that is of interest to us for retirement. So who knows? If my 401k doesn't turn into .0401, I may be able to become a local up there in a few years...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbryers View Post
Ah, GetSmrt28277 - don't be so quick to yield the floor - you have been there every year, helping out as much as possible, and behind the scenes, maintaining a relationship with the mother ship. Your investment of time, energy and even money is not to be ignored or downplayed, and though I have passed the baton to others that would like to keep things going (and improve upon my meager efforts), I doubt that your efforts have come to an end, one way or another.

And while I will accept the homage, especially from someone like Ken, I gotta say, in all truthfullness - you can throw all the parties you like, but if no one shows up, you just have a lot of expensive leftovers to deal with. And considering that it isn't just western NC and eastern TN (and northern Ga) folks coming to the event, it makes it even more special.

I can only hope that we can get MBUSA to give us the help we need to get the word out, to make more and larger events possible. While you can (apparently) put a price on customer relations, you can't put a price on the friendship found and given at these events.
Getsmart,
Please accept my apologies for not including you in my Kudo's to Gary! You have been an important part of all that many of us have done as well as to SCOA. I simply wanted to publicly thank Gary for his three years of effort toward the Dragon which has been an exceptional effort on behalf of the community. He, I and many others also know how important you have been to that event as well as many others so I am sorry I was not more explicit in including you and your efforts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode