Join Date: May 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1st Week of Ownership
A few comments @ 500 miles:
Overall, I am beyond thrilled that we are actually able to get these here. Comments:
1) Every step of the experience from the 1st Tour test drive through receipt of the car was exactly what/when/how much smart predicted it would be. A faultless performance.
2) We own 18 vehicles, ranging from 19 (scooter) to 585 (Superformance Cobra) hp. I mention this only because we have a diverse frame of reference. Taken and used as it's intended to be used, this thing is great. Everything from the mileage to (of course) the entertainment value, makes this worth owning.
3) #1 surprise: Excepting the impact of the short wheelbase, you would NEVER know from the driving experience "inside" that it's so microscopic on the outside. You quickly just "do what you always do" and forget you're doing it in a snack wrap.
4) #1 impression: I see this as the start of some very good trends: "Why did I really need so much more of everything to do the job this does?"
5) #1 question asked by others: Is it electric?
6) #1 comment by others: You could die in that thing. (To which I've replied, a) Think of it as a motorcycle with a roll bar, and b) If you see one, don't run it over- Tell your friends, too.)
7) 1st tank, combined city/highway with an eye towards best effort to "fill it the same way/amount": 39.6 mpg. (Better than my R1 Yamaha!)
8) Comment to others waiting for their cars: Be patient, it's worth the wait. You'll have a ball when it gets here.
9) #1 dumb comment I've read on this site from another owner: He/she was upset to find his/her ice cream melted when he/she put it in the back on the engine cover. I respond: Pull over and turn off the engine before you hurt someone.
That's it for now, I hope this is, in some small way, useful to others.
Last edited by SmartOwner; 05-03-2008 at 10:08 PM.