2Likes
  • 2 Post By Missy Sapp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
my, new to me, smart

Hi all! I just got home with my new 2011 smart pure, flew to california on tuesday and drove 2200 miles to arrive home saturday. I loved it! I had actually never even sat in one prior to hitting the road home, I just knew i wanted it. In case you were wondering why buy one that far away....it was the only green one I could find. I could've shipped it a tiny bit cheaper than what it cost to do what I did, but I was ready for an adventure.
Now I will be searching these forums for any and all answers to my questions! first off is a stereo replacement...the CD player doesnt work, very glad I had a plan B,to cd audiobooks!
jwight and sokoloff like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
Well what is the plan? What is the vision for your Smart?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Dude, 2200 miles in 5 days in a smart. You're just crazy lol. Well,
welcome to the family
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Sapp View Post
Hi all! I just got home with my new 2011 smart pure, flew to california on tuesday and drove 2200 miles to arrive home saturday. I loved it! I had actually never even sat in one prior to hitting the road home, I just knew i wanted it. In case you were wondering why buy one that far away....it was the only green one I could find. I could've shipped it a tiny bit cheaper than what it cost to do what I did, but I was ready for an adventure.
Now I will be searching these forums for any and all answers to my questions! first off is a stereo replacement...the CD player doesnt work, very glad I had a plan B,to cd audiobooks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I had a stock low end radio and replaced with a smart Highline Dvd Navigation stereo. although I am very happy having the original equipment I know and after market Double din unit with Back up camera and Navigation would have been the "Smater " way to go in the long run.

Search this forum on benefits of LUBING your chassis. That Should be one of the first things you do. Very inexpensive and may change the way your Smart feels to you for the better. At 2200 miles from California the next things to do is to insure the car is set up to get through winter.

Last edited by twcom; 08-09-2019 at 02:18 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Welcome! I am new here too. My daughter and I picked up our Smart from Florida (bought from Dad) and drove it back to Michigan. It was an interesting experience as you well know!

I talked myself into doing a radio upgrade and finally settled on a Boss BV755B from Crutchfield. It was $137 with tax and they include the mounting bezel, radio adapter, wire harness and custom instructions at no additional cost. That saved me $38 from buying the stuff separately from Amazon.

Good luck with your Smart and happy motoring!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode