Smart Car of America Forum banner

Accommodations

12K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  jsenka 
#1 · (Edited)
The Resort I want to use as home base is Banana Bay Resort and Marina. The manager is trying to get a block of 20 rooms for around $100 per night. It is high season and I don't have that price nailed down yet, but it is looking good. Next door to that is the Blackfin resort. The Blackfin is a clean small resort attached to the Hurricane Grill Restaurant. For people who want higher end lodging, I am trying to get a deal on some three bedroom condo style units with full kitchens. These will be in the $300 range, affordable with two are more couples. These are about three miles away from Banana Bay resort, but still in town. I'm listing their hotel web sites so you can check them out.

Banana Bay....
Florida Keys Resort & Marina - Banana Bay Resort & Marina :: Marathon, Florida Keys, Florida

Blackfin Resort
Blackfin Resort & Marina

Kingsail Resort Motel, 1mile from base.
Kingsail Motel, Marathon Key,FL

Coconut Cay, next to Kingsail.
Coconut Cay Resort and Marina in Marathon Florida

These are the higher end condos

Indigo Reef

Marathon Florida Vacation Rentals: Discover Indigo Reef, a Luxury Marathon Florida Resort

Coral Lagoon

Coral Lagoon Resort & Marina: Experience Our Extraordinary Luxury Hotel and Vacation Rental Villas in Marathon

And camping, how did I forget that?

http://www.keysdirectory.com/knightskeycampground/

Bananna Bay is now home base. They have a $99 rate for the first twenty. After that we will try to block off twenty more.When booking mention the smart scramble rate. It is per Pete P. he is the manager of the place. I'm posting this info to let people know what kind of lodging is available. I will be updating soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
Way to go, Krusty!

Just out of curiosity, I ran the dates through hotels.com... and this is what they say (as of right now):

Banana Bay: $145/night
Blackfin Resort: $99/night
Kingsail Resort: $139/night
Coconut Cay: $140/night

Even those rates are not bad at all... but I'm sure Krusty can work some of that smart magic and get us an even better deal!

#13 · (Edited)
Well, I guess I waited too long :(.
It's been busy at work and kinda hard to plan too far ahead, so I just worked out the details to allow me go, but the Banana Bay was down to one available room and they think I want to purchase it instead of just stay in it for a couple of nights.
Y'all have a great time. I'll be thinking about you! :)

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.