The Bensen IMC. - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
 
a2jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Annarbor, Michigan. (a2)
Posts: 3,588
Thanks: 2,300
Thanked 983 Times in 601 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
The Bensen IMC.

At least three of our members here, have owned one of these.

Long ago,and far away, I was in a barn out in Rockford, Michigan, talking to a farmer and looked up to spot a Bensen in the rafters. I bought it on the spot ,cheap, and hauled it home atop our Subaru.

Wife, although a bit taken back when I came in the driveway, said she would fly it if I went first.

Last edited by a2jack; 12-07-2011 at 10:39 AM.
a2jack is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to a2jack For This Useful Post:
chieftmc (12-07-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 12:04 PM
 
chieftmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 11,472
Thanks: 4,579
Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,519 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2jack View Post
At least three of our members here, have owned one of these.

Long ago,and far away, I was in a barn out in Rockford, Michigan, talking to a farmer and looked up to spot a Bensen in the rafters. I bought it on the spot ,cheap, and hauled it home atop our Subaru.

Wife, although a bit taken back when I came in the driveway, said she would fly it if I went first.
Back in the day, I had a buddy that had one of those and he always said it was like a flying motorcycle....................well when I finally gave in and took it for a spin (after his instruction) HE WAS RIGHT !!!! What a blast ....... I get a thinking about it even now

Thanks for the memories jack
chieftmc is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 03:21 PM
SCOA Club
 
wrumbarger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern Virginia (Near DC)
Posts: 3,389
Thanks: 349
Thanked 855 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Found one for sale $6500 (including trailer)
And, I bet a smart could tow it?
bird only weighs 250lbs
Don't know how much the trailer weighs?
Bensen B-8M GyroCopter

Reminds me of "Little Nellie" gyrocopter from the James Bond film?
wrumbarger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM
SCOA Club
 
ATL Smart alec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta Ga Downtown
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 1,205
Thanked 492 Times in 291 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrumbarger View Post
Found one for sale $6500 (including trailer)
And, I bet a smart could tow it?
bird only weighs 250lbs
Don't know how much the trailer weighs?
Bensen B-8M GyroCopter

Reminds me of "Little Nellie" gyrocopter from the James Bond film?
I think they used one on one of the Mad Max movies also...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gyro copter.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	3327  
ATL Smart alec is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 05:39 PM
SCOA Club
 
BigWarpGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 10,363
Thanks: 2,124
Thanked 972 Times in 710 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Flying Motorcycle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftmc View Post
Back in the day, I had a buddy that had one of those and he always said it was like a flying motorcycle....................well when I finally gave in and took it for a spin (after his instruction) HE WAS RIGHT !!!! What a blast ....... I get a thinking about it even now

Thanks for the memories jack
.


Burtterfly LLC.
BigWarpGuy is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BigWarpGuy For This Useful Post:
ATL Smart alec (12-07-2011)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.