First 453-> 2017-smart-fortwo-cabriolet in Oxnard, CA. - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
 
CROCK 42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 148
Thanks: 40
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
First 453-> 2017-smart-fortwo-cabriolet in Oxnard, CA.

2017-smart-fortwo-cabriolet in Oxnard, CA. Will be a demo at Oxnard center.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160729_152948.jpg
Views:	3489
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	19969   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160729_152938.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	19977  
citroen and Neonspinnazz like this.
CROCK 42 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CROCK 42 For This Useful Post:
jwight (07-29-2016), Miss Mercedes (07-30-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
 
CROCK 42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 148
Thanks: 40
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
My 17 453 Cab --in Hello Yellow is on the slow boat off the Mexico coast...on its way to Long Beach, CA :-)
Location of slow boat :-)
https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9338864
CROCK 42 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 08:28 PM
 
stevenvillatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,476
Thanks: 261
Thanked 486 Times in 356 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1208 Post(s)
Would you or Kamaal please take a few pics of your Cabrios with the top down but the rails still in place?

If I were to get a Cabrio, I'd probably never remove the rails.
stevenvillatoro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
 
CROCK 42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 148
Thanks: 40
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
Would you or Kamaal please take a few pics of your Cabrios with the top down but the rails still in place?

If I were to get a Cabrio, I'd probably never remove the rails.
Sorry...I see what you mean. If I get a chance I will get photos

Kamaal did a good job on photos:
https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/for...1/#post1366729
CROCK 42 is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 05:52 PM
 
didipickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 52
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROCK 42 View Post
My 17 453 Cab --in Hello Yellow is on the slow boat off the Mexico coast...on its way to Long Beach, CA :-)
Location of slow boat :-)
https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9338864


Do you know the day your car was built and it's ship out day? I am REALLY hoping mine is on this ship too!!!
didipickles is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 06:15 PM
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos
 
Miss Mercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: IL-WI Border
Posts: 17,296
Thanks: 5,609
Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,648 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Garage
That colour combination is absolutely awesome!
Miss Mercedes is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
 
CROCK 42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 148
Thanks: 40
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by didipickles View Post
Do you know the day your car was built and it's ship out day? I am REALLY hoping mine is on this ship too!!!
at first was told-> MB is working on getting your car built the second week of May<
Then-> Your car now has an estimated build date! 6/10/16
Ship date 7/1....get to Long Beach 8/1<
I know it will arrive AFTER that 8/1 date :-(
Then will be in prep for a while
Smart Bob and Miss Mercedes like this.
CROCK 42 is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 08:10 AM
 
didipickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 52
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROCK 42 View Post
at first was told-> MB is working on getting your car built the second week of May<
Then-> Your car now has an estimated build date! 6/10/16
Ship date 7/1....get to Long Beach 8/1<
I know it will arrive AFTER that 8/1 date :-(
Then will be in prep for a while

Mine was built on 6/14. Still waiting to hear from the dealer if it has shipped yet Dealer told me it would take 3 weeks from ship date to arrive in port, then another week to be delivered to dealer.
didipickles is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 09:11 AM
 
stevenvillatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,476
Thanks: 261
Thanked 486 Times in 356 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1208 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by didipickles View Post
Mine was built on 6/14. Still waiting to hear from the dealer if it has shipped yet Dealer told me it would take 3 weeks from ship date to arrive in port, then another week to be delivered to dealer.

Hard to imagine that your car wouldn't be on the water already, as it's been six weeks since production. Don't be shy – call your dealer to get a status update, and ask for the name of the ship and sailing date. You can follow that ship's daily progress on your computer or any device. The voyage takes about 30 days to the west coast (not three weeks). I got my car from the port in just three days, but delays there aren't unheard of.
stevenvillatoro is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 11:29 AM
 
didipickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 52
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
Hard to imagine that your car wouldn't be on the water already, as it's been six weeks since production. Don't be shy – call your dealer to get a status update, and ask for the name of the ship and sailing date. You can follow that ship's daily progress on your computer or any device. The voyage takes about 30 days to the west coast (not three weeks). I got my car from the port in just three days, but delays there aren't unheard of.

OH SNAP! MY CAR IS IN L.A.!!!!!! Should be at the dealer in this next week!!!!!
didipickles is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 smart fortwo cabrio pricing announced! smartAPM smart General Discussion 0 05-17-2016 07:41 PM
U.S. 2017 Cabriolet! NW BRABUS 453 21 04-29-2016 10:27 AM
2017 Smart ForTwo Cabrio stevenjb News 19 10-19-2015 04:24 PM
Smart : Passion Cabriolet ForTwo 2009 09 SMART ForTwo Cabriolet Convertible * 200 Mil Smart Cars For Sale Archive/obsolete (?) threads 0 07-04-2009 12:10 PM
Smart : ForTwo Cabriolet 2008 Smart ForTwo Passion CABRIOLET Convertible Red Smart Cars For Sale Archive/obsolete (?) threads 0 06-01-2008 07:50 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.