Keith's official 453 Q & A thread ;) - Page 22 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
now really a question, but moreso an answer..

recently bought another 453 and this one lacks some options i honestly thought were standard:

unless optioned w/ lighting package the 453 passion does not have auto headlights and the "U" ring on headlamp is not standard, comes w/ 4 LED per light if not optioned w/ said package.

"sport" button not found on manual transmission vehicles

while not "standard" with a passion, the tach/clock is standard on manual (engine so quiet not sure you would ever hear when to shift otherwise)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 07:10 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijowysock View Post
now really a question, but moreso an answer..

recently bought another 453 and this one lacks some options i honestly thought were standard:

unless optioned w/ lighting package the 453 passion does not have auto headlights and the "U" ring on headlamp is not standard, comes w/ 4 LED per light if not optioned w/ said package.

"sport" button not found on manual transmission vehicles

while not "standard" with a passion, the tach/clock is standard on manual (engine so quiet not sure you would ever hear when to shift otherwise)
tach/clock standard for 2016 passions, optional for 2017 passions and up. The "sport" button is unnecessary for the full manual trans vehicles because it is there to control shift parameters and the manual trans driver needs to make those decisions on his/her own. Lighting/non-lighting package is exactly as you described.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_smart_LA For This Useful Post:
Smart Bob (05-22-2017)
post #213 of 214 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just acquired a 2016 last Monday and noticed when Refueling at almost empty it stops at 25 liters and I have kind of force fill the remaining 5-7 Liters to get to 30-32 Liters when tank is almost empty. Any solution to this in works?

also Jesus I have a Porsche with track spec suspension and I have to tell you the suspension in this smart actually hurts my body lol with Factory Tire Pressures, has anyone tired a lower Tire Pressure to soften the Ride? or will this compromise the Fuel Economy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 214 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzooq Sayed View Post
I just acquired a 2016 last Monday and noticed when Refueling at almost empty it stops at 25 liters and I have kind of force fill the remaining 5-7 Liters to get to 30-32 Liters when tank is almost empty. Any solution to this in works?
There is a thread with almost a thousand posts about this issue. A warranty replacement exists (or existed?) but most report it doesn't satisfactorily fix the problem. Some force fill, while others say that is not recommended. Here is a post from that thread after an owner received the (unsatisfactory) replacement: https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/for...3-post604.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzooq Sayed View Post
I have to tell you the suspension in this smart actually hurts my body lol with Factory Tire Pressures, has anyone tired a lower Tire Pressure to soften the Ride? or will this compromise the Fuel Economy?
Lowering pressure under guidelines could lead to uneven wear, weakened tires and safety concerns.

Congratulations on your 2016 smart! it's otherwise an amazing vehicle in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to White Lightning For This Useful Post:
stevenvillatoro (08-01-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode