User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Looking for model info on 2017 Cabrio

I currently have a 2009 Passion Cabrio. I am looking to replace this car with a 453 model. Since I was last in the market, I see that there is a Prime model now. Can anyone provide guidance on the difference between the Prime versus the Passion? Is the Prime the top model now? What features are different between the two? Also, I have seen coupes that are manual, 5-speed stick-shift transmissions. I haven't seen any Cabrios with this transmission. I would love a manual shift Cabrio. Did they make them? I have not been able to find any 453 stick shift cabrios online...
Many thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatrixxx View Post
I currently have a 2009 Passion Cabrio. I am looking to replace this car with a 453 model. Since I was last in the market, I see that there is a Prime model now. Can anyone provide guidance on the difference between the Prime versus the Passion? Is the Prime the top model now? What features are different between the two? Also, I have seen coupes that are manual, 5-speed stick-shift transmissions. I haven't seen any Cabrios with this transmission. I would love a manual shift Cabrio. Did they make them? I have not been able to find any 453 stick shift cabrios online...
That's two of us looking for the same car Cabrio with a 5 speed stick. Far and few between.
I also own a 2009 cabriolet.
Good Luck
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo e Lefors View Post
That's two of us looking for the same car Cabrio with a 5 speed stick. Far and few between.
I also own a 2009 cabriolet.
Good Luck
So, you are sure that you could get a manual shift cabrio? I mean, I haven't seen any of them anywhere...not completely sure it was an option on a Cab....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 05:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
So, you are sure that you could get a manual shift cabrio? I mean, I haven't seen any of them anywhere...not completely sure it was an option on a Cab....
I don't remember who, but one of the members on the forum owns one.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
I have a 2017 Cabrio with the 5 speed
The Following User Says Thank You to 1stiski For This Useful Post:
Jo e Lefors (08-09-2018)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:09 PM

AND I LOVE IT .. I’m pretty sure they didn’t produce many , but boy they are fun
Jo e Lefors likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:43 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Quote:

For 2017, technically speaking the "Proxy" is the top edition model with its two-tone white leather blue fabric interior and the most standard features including everything in the prime model. The "Prime" model can pretty much be considered identically equipped with the exception that the wheels weren't the same pattern and the interior can only be black leather. For folks who didn't like the color combo of the Proxy, a Prime was pretty much identical.

When I ordered my Brabus, I literally chose the Prime because of the color combination. You cannot get a Proxy without the blue-white interior. A well-built Prime will add the options that came standard in the Proxy although for whatever reason I just don't remember what those very few options were...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_smart_LA For This Useful Post:
Jo e Lefors (08-09-2018)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 04:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
AND I LOVE IT .. Iím pretty sure they didnít produce many , but boy they are fun
Thank you 1stiski for replying. I knew someone on the forum had a 453 stick convertible and loved it. I just couldn't remember who.

Mister_smart_LA thank you for your information about the differences between model's.
As always very interesting info about our smarts.

I realize it maybe years before I find my own 453 cabriolet with manual stick shift.
But till then, I have a nice low mile 09 451 cabriolet to drive on nice weekend's.
Bob Ricewasser likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 04:45 AM

My 17 Cabrio 5 speed is a Passion model . I basically let the dealer know I was only interested in a purchase if the car had the 5 speed and was a Cabrio . He looked and found one (from where I don’t know ) but it was delivered a week later to Devon Motors. As for the color choice , I wanted white , but got silver/ black (and glad about that ) and interior I wanted the gray , but got black and orange ( and was super happy about that too ) . I had my Lorinser body kit , wheels , springs and powerpack before I had the car ! The body parts were at the local body shop getting color matched and the wheels had tires mounted and ready to go . Once I took ownership , I drove the car for a short time to get the feel of it being stock , then did the upgrade to see the difference and wow , driving manners improved as well as power. Been pleased ever since . Once you get a 453 , you should be pleased , especially with upgrading from the earlier models .
The Following User Says Thank You to 1stiski For This Useful Post:
Jo e Lefors (08-09-2018)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 01:16 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Just remembered that the Proxy models also included the SPORTS package as standard equipment. That means 10mm lower and stiffer suspension, paddle shifters, studded brake/accelerator/clutch pedals, and larger wheels with lower profile tires. With a Prime you needed a SPORTS package as a separate option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode