User Tag List

101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 03:36 PM

Thanked 1,234 Times in 879 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)

Nice looking little 453. Sad it the last of the desirable ICE model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smark View Post

Thanks! I always wanted a Smart, when I heard they will stop making ICE model next year, I was panic and started searching for one to collect. Luckily I was able to get this beauty
post #13 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_arkansas View Post
Beautiful car! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do my 2011.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk
Thank you and so far I absolutely love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Anyone can teach me how to rotate the photos? My OCD kicks in and I tried to flip my photos but still out of luck..
post #15 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarlqw View Post
Quote:

Thanks! I always wanted a Smart, when I heard they will stop making ICE model next year, I was panic and started searching for one to collect. Luckily I was able to get this beauty

I agree , nice looker . I do like the Brabus editions across all the years of the Smart . I'm unfortunate in the area of acquiring any of the last versions, but non the less , I went a different direction , Hence the Lorinser edition I own . It's cool knowing that there are limited versions of the Brabus factory modded Smarts , and I'm not knocking it , but I believe I got ya beat on that with the Lorinser :-) We all have the pleasure of owning something that the masses just don't get , yet , among the jungle of giant SUV's and rediculous horse powered people haulers , it turns heads every time .
post #16 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 12:57 PM

Thanked 1,234 Times in 879 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Finally, a smart car, with a touch screen media. Long over do, on 453 models. Does it offer Apple play.

post #17 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Finally, a smart car, with a touch screen media. Long over do, on 453 models. Does it offer Apple play.

No apple car play on this unit. It is basically an Android tablet with OEM look. It has an app called mirrorlink, and you can mirror your cellphone screen onto the display. I am an iphone user too, but ever since I installed this unit, I just turn on the hotpot on my phone and use this tablet as my music, navigation and HBO (you can catch a few episodes of Game of thrones while stuck in the SoCal traffic lol). My phone call is still answered via bluetooth and built microphone on the unit.
post #18 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
I agree , nice looker . I do like the Brabus editions across all the years of the Smart . I'm unfortunate in the area of acquiring any of the last versions, but non the less , I went a different direction , Hence the Lorinser edition I own . It's cool knowing that there are limited versions of the Brabus factory modded Smarts , and I'm not knocking it , but I believe I got ya beat on that with the Lorinser :-) We all have the pleasure of owning something that the masses just don't get , yet , among the jungle of giant SUV's and rediculous horse powered people haulers , it turns heads every time .
Indeed! I believe Lorinser kit Smart is even more limited in North America than Brabus, maybe you are one of ten maybe even less Lorinser Smart on this continent. I checked out SmartMadness Lorinser demo when I paid my visit. It is a nice looking car, I did't want to spend extra for Lorinser kit on top of extra (brabus package) by that time. Like you mentioned, we are already rare enough to become head-turners on the road. I suggested you to put some clear bra, if you haven't, on the kit to prevent rock chips or scratches and to protect your investment.
post #19 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 01:32 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Quote:

The new smart EV has a nice touchscreen media, but by no means should it be considered a necessity or mandatory when a smartphone functions exactly the same way. All you need is an audio output, which can be done via cable or Bluetooth and the display works the same. The advantage to the built-in factory unit is the larger screen size.

The one pictured above is an aftermarket unit from a company that decided to take a chance on the new smart 453 by offering a unit they designed specifically for it. Most companies won't do that for the smarts out of fear that the items won't sell in large enough quantities to justify its cost of production. This aftermarket unit looks great in pictures.

Little known cool fact, is that I've been using an Android based head unit in my smart BRABUS cabrio for years. I use my phone as a hotspot as well and can run anything a smartphone or android tablet can use on the unit. Mine was made by Blaupunkt. It can do everything, mirrorlink, even unnecessarily does Android Auto and Apple Carplay, all kinds of HDMI and other overkill hookups. The smart 453 throws water all over that fire with that phone cradle.
Smart Bob and oscarlqw like this.
post #20 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_smart_LA View Post
The smart 453 throws water all over that fire with that phone cradle.
That cradle thing was simply a joke..

Tags
453 , brabus , cabriolet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode