Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Inland Empire, So Cal
Thanked 2,936 Times in 1,561 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
The outside has to come off. That's the side that has the screw heads. There is a moisture shield made of a thin foam you can fold back and assorted braces and power window cables. There is enough room to worm the speaker in and out and all three screws are accessible. I finally got it all sorted out today. I had issues with the rear speakers. I thought the head or amp was not working right because neither rear speaker had sound. After trouble shooting, I pulled one of the rear speakers and used an old speaker I had and it worked. I found out that the positive lead was touching the speaker can. I clearanced them and wrapped with electrical tape. Then spent a lot of time tuning for the best sound. There is an equalizer and 4 way fade in the head unit, the amp for the 4 main speakers has front and rear gain, and low filters. The sub has several gain levels, high cutoffs and a volume pot I put on the center console next to the driver's seat. I am very happy with the sound now. I don't rattle the license plate with bass but like a full spectrum sound system. The built in DVR works well and has good quality video. I put the smart logo on the screen and tomorrow I am going to try the wifi and download some applications. The torquepro app it comes with doesn't recognize my dongle, but the one I paid for on my phone does. I'll try downloading it and installing.