Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
smart cross connect app

From smartusainsider.com:

Quote:
Hello Insiders!

We are weeks away from the premier of the C453 at the New York Auto Show. This new generation of smart has so many features worth bragging about. One that we are especially excited for is the cross connect app. The cross connect app turns a driver's smart phone into a dynamic information and multimedia system. In contrast to the smart drive 2 app, cross connect includes a guidebook, car info and the ability to control your in-car radio.

Car Info provides users with up to the minute info on their driving habits. Sensors can track everything from fuel efficiency to G Force, as well as detect and monitor your speed limit. Guidebook includes geo-filtered access to smart spots (smart-sized parking spots) and public parking lots. Music options are organized by cross connect's media system. In addition to being able to control the regular AM/FM radio within your smart, the app allows you to play music stored on your smart phone and also links you to AUPEO! AUPEO! is a music subscription service for smart owners that allows you to create saved playlists based off genre, artist or featured stations. Users with a basic account can listen up to 10 hours of music per month and those with premium accounts have unlimited access. The app is able to sync with your smart directly via a Bluetooth connection and is available for both iPhone and Android devices.

The most important aspect of the cross connect app is that it represents one more way to truly personalize your smart driving experience. It is our intent to not only provide owners with the best in mechanical mastery, but also empower them to be better informed when heading out on the open road. We are eager to hear your feedback when the app becomes available national-wide.

Until then,

Adam Green, Product Management
Smart Bob likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwight For This Useful Post:
JPaul (03-19-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have had my new Smart for a week and still cannot download the app! Help, please, where is it (for iphone in the USA??) Oct 11 2015
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Automotive News:

Smart wants to get smart about urban mobility

Good Driving,

Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 11:39 AM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolina57 View Post
Have had my new Smart for a week and still cannot download the app! Help, please, where is it (for iphone in the USA??) Oct 11 2015
The iPhone app won't be available until likely the end of November.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_smart_LA For This Useful Post:
Smart Bob (10-25-2015)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How about the android app for cross connect in the USA? When will it be released?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when is the next upgrade for the iOS bases smart cross connect; at the present time you cannot mute the over the speed limit warning with iPhone. Oddly enough Android products give this option
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This app is pure garbage !!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 05:02 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogibabu View Post
This app is pure garbage !!!!!!!!!!!
I don't understand this... the app seems to work for us when we're in the car and provides good bluetooth service from our iPhones to the stereo. Is it perfect? No, the gps in it isn't as good as waze or google maps but those play just as well while the app is working.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 05:05 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Yeah... I don't understand the Cross Connect App disses, either. It works fine for me. The navigation is fine. The radio controls work well. I don't really care to use the parking spaces, or the speed limit, or the G-force meter on turns but I've never in my life complained about any product or service that offered more than I cared to use. I won't make the CC App the first time I complain about something I choose to not use.
Miss Mercedes likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 05:55 PM
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,648 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
I only keep mine around because the app has a cool icon. Otherwise I don't use it. My modded app suite does everything better. Free Spotify Premium, free Pandora Premium, no forced auto-play, and so on.

That said, I modify, hack, and develop Android & iOS for fun, so I'm not a good example.

IMO, the CrossConnect app is a fine companion. Not perfect, though certainly better than the infotainment experiences most manufacturers offer. Anyone remember Ford Sync or the first few iterations of BMW i-Drive?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode