Update: Hoover Dam & SinCitySmarts - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Historic Hoover Dam Run,SinCitySmarts

SinCitySmarts is planning a historic run across trhe Hoover Dam. Now as ordinary as this may sound trust me it's not. The Hoover Dam is planning to open the new By-pass bridge in November of this year. In doing that all car traffic across the Dam will cease only open for foot traffic. SinCitySmarts needs you help.

We are going to put a helicopter and a camera man over the Dam, at the same time we drive across for what will be a great photo that can never be done again. This will be as great of a photo as the one taken in San Francisco on Lombard St. But I need your help. After doing the math, to pull this off we need a minium of 35 cars and in this case more is better. SinCitySmarts has about 25 cars so I'm reaching out to California, Utah, and Arizona for help.The Date is October 23,2010 7:00am at the Hacienda Hotel in Boulder City NV., I know it's alot to ask, for you to drive to Las Vegas just to take a photo, But I need more cars. Please help us pull this off.

This will also be the largest gathering of Smarts ever assemled in Las Vegas. We are still working out some of the details for things to do after we do our drive over, and I will get that out to everyone as soon as I know more.

Trust me, You don't want to miss out on this event...

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im in for 1

Last edited by donnyonee; 09-16-2010 at 01:36 AM.
post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,648 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe this will generate some positive press for the smart?

I'd do it if I had a smart...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Garage
Historic Hoover Dam Run:

We want to be in on this event as well. As soon as we know the details, we will make hotel reservations with a plan to arrive on Friday afternoon. Hopefully, a caravan will be organized from the Los Angeles area and everyone will see fit to book in at the same hotel. It would also be nice to make a weekend out of this and hopefully,the SinCitySmarts will have something planned following the photo op.?: smartje.rd.zw:
post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am aware of the Oct 16 Open House, but are you saying you will get a drive across for smarts the following Saturday? If confirmed, we'll do what we can to make it. We'll be looking forward to your plans. As there are 65 parking places on the NV side, it would be great to fill it up with smarts...
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 05:53 PM

I'm interested but like "Smart Bob" some more details would be great. I'd be coming up from Phoenix and might stay at Laughlin instead of Vegas unless we are all going to meet up a specific hotel.
post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Bob View Post
We want to be in on this event as well. As soon as we know the details, we will make hotel reservations with a plan to arrive on Friday afternoon. Hopefully, a caravan will be organized from the Los Angeles area and everyone will see fit to book in at the same hotel. It would also be nice to make a weekend out of this and hopefully,the SinCitySmarts will have something planned following the photo op.?: smartje.rd.zw:
I think your thinking we are driving across the bridge, We are driving across Hoover Dam because after they open the bridge the dam will no longer have car traffic so thats what makes this Historic. And to answer your question yes we are planning things to do after the photo we just haven't figured it all out yet, We just wanted to get the date out to everyone as soon as we could so you could start plannig for it.

Thank You For Your Interest
Jimmy
President
SinCitySmarts
post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShorttHaul View Post
I'm interested but like "Smart Bob" some more details would be great. I'd be coming up from Phoenix and might stay at Laughlin instead of Vegas unless we are all going to meet up a specific hotel.
The day of the event we are going to meet up at the Hacienda Hotel in Boulder City. We will have a quick drivers meeting then take off from there..
post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 PM

whats the total cost?

Last edited by donnyonee; 09-16-2010 at 01:38 AM.
post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyonee View Post
this meeting, actually this whole event HAS to be done in a extremly timely manner. if you snooze you wont be in the pic. period. unfortunately because of the helicopter exspense this is how it has to be. i believe i heard a meet time of 7 am at the hacienda, this will all be verified shortly.
You are 100% correct.. Because of the cost of the helicopter these times will not,can not and won't change. 7:00am we meet at the Hacienda Hotel, we will have a short drivers meeting then head out. We MUST have all the cars through the secruity check piont by 8:30am I will then call the Pilot and he will take off. It only takes him 45 secs to get to the Dam,then he starts to hover. We are working on things to do afterwards so yes it will be a good part of the day hanging out with everyone...

SinCitySmarts
Jimmy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode