State Park Cookout Who's Bringing What? - Page 2 - Smart Car Forums
View Poll Results: Would you rather have the cookout at a pavilion or at a site as originally planned?
Site as originally planned. 2 50.00%
Pavilion and I would chip in based on my party size and group size. 2 50.00%
Pavilion, but I would rather not chip in. 0 0%
I am still not attending. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelPan1c
I'll say potato salad as the primary, but if there's anything that's missing and needed, let me know and I'll be sure that it gets taken care of.
Just make sure that you keep that salad at 35-40 degrees, especially if you make it at home. If buying at a store same-day, try to wait until closer to dinner. It is generally ok if cold foods are above 40 for less than four hours... beyond that, they are generally considered unsafe. (If I can find it, I'll review my ServSafe book for the "catering" related stuff, which is a little less stringent, this evening.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcl714 View Post
Pam and I will attend. Let me know what is needed and I will pick up thing there in the Glen.
Right now there's 'tater salad, dogs, Pepsi and Dew for sure. Some people like dogs in buns (my father), others like them as fork and knife with beans on top (my mother and myself). Chips and beans are not primaries for anyone, so those are a possibility.

Alcohol should be bring your own (though you may share with all those who are 21 or older [probably all]). I am considering bringing one of my remaining bottles of 2012 homemade strawberry wine, which I will be willing to share with anyone 21 or older, though sample sizes are pretty much harmless.

Beyond that, whatever floats your boat is the best I can give you.

For some reason, I can no longer edit my original post, so I've copied and updated the tally below. This tally supersedes the tally in my original post.

Right now the tally is:
ColonelPan1c +1: coleslaw, potato salad, and chips
nconantj (me) +3: Zweigles and/or Hoffmans (Rochester and CNY local brands respectively) hot dogs, beans
SkippyThorson +1: Pepsi and Dew
racerrobcc4: Chips
nmcl714 +1: TBD

Last edited by nconantj; 07-08-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nconantj View Post
Just make sure that you keep that salad at 35-40 degrees, especially if you make it at home. If buying at a store same-day, try to wait until closer to dinner. It is generally ok if cold foods are above 40 for less than four hours... beyond that, they are generally considered unsafe. (If I can find it, I'll review my ServSafe book for the "catering" related stuff, which is a little less stringent, this evening.)
I'm pretty knowledgeable in the world of food safety.... Trust me, I don't take any chances when it comes to my kitchen. I was likely just going to pick some up at wally world for simplicity's sake anyways. I don't know that I'm going to be spending a ton of time at the wine festival itself. Wanted to do some hiking. I'll probably just pick it up after that.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelPan1c View Post
I'm pretty knowledgeable in the world of food safety.... Trust me, I don't take any chances when it comes to my kitchen. I was likely just going to pick some up at wally world for simplicity's sake anyways.
Not everyone is as food safety concious as the two of us, and I didn't know your state of awareness before now. I would rather be safe than sorry by putting the warning out there.

Quote:
I don't know that I'm going to be spending a ton of time at the wine festival itself. Wanted to do some hiking.
My GF and I are planning to walk the glen gorge on Sunday. It'll be her second time and my "I have no clue... at least 3rd probably more," time. Friday on the way down and Monday on our way back, we'll be stopping at some waterfalls along our route, along with some south of Watkins Glen. Most are roadside visible, though better views may take trivial amounts of hiking. Neither of us is really fit and after visiting Eternal Flame Falls in Orchard Park, NY, it is pretty much an unspoken agreement that hiking is mostly out of the question for now (unless it is about all we do for the day).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
I can pick up burgers and burger rolls. I just grabbed Charcoal and a spatchula and a grill brush.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I can pick up burgers and burger rolls. I just grabbed Charcoal and a spatchula and a grill brush.
Thanks for the offer! We do have a grille on our pit, so you're set, chef!

As an attempt to sort of kind of be a little bit healthy today, I'm going to grab some waters instead of just soda.

Still on for any time after 6:00pm - 123C, Oneida.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode