Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   Off To the Dragon 2014 (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f241/)
-   -   Official OTD Informational Thread (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f241/official-otd-informational-thread-69049/)

Monalis 04-01-2014 08:39 AM

Official OTD Informational Thread

Ok everyone... Here it is... the official thread for OTD. Here is where I will be posting all the information that you need and may want for OTD 2014. You can also post any questions you have and I will respond to them as soon as I get a chance.

For Now:
OKAY BOYS AND GIRLS!!! REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR OTD 2014!!!
Please visit the event website at www.outsmartingthedragon.com to register for this years event. There will be some updates for this years event that will be released here in the next few days and weeks so stay tuned.

DrKillerBee 04-28-2014 09:27 PM

Is the "Oak Suite" another name for the pavilion?

edit: It looks like it is a meeting room. Are we not going to have use of the pavilion this year?

Monalis 04-29-2014 09:50 PM

No, we are having to move this year. Fontana is changing the Pavilion back into what it use to be used for, and that is a rental hub and snack shop of sorts. The Oak Suite is a largish cabin with a screened in porch behind the the grill. We will have AC and a bathroom this year!

nigeldaniel 04-30-2014 06:21 AM

Definitely interested in this. Will have to see if I can get the vacation time approved. :D

Monalis 04-30-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigeldaniel (Post 849993)
Definitely interested in this. Will have to see if I can get the vacation time approved. :D

Awesome, I hope you can make it. Do you have FB? If so we have a FB group here

If you can't get the entire time off, we do have have a few people that will come up Friday afternoon after work and just stay Friday-Sun. We have added that option to the Shop.

Let me know if you have any questions.

chieftmc 04-30-2014 08:06 AM

Think we may be able to make this one...

Please be careful with us....we're virgins :p

Yes, this will be our first !!!

Still have to confirm with the better ½ :)

Lettuce 04-30-2014 07:08 PM

We won't know until much closer... it's a work thing.

Jill & Dan

chieftmc 05-01-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chieftmc (Post 850041)
Think we may be able to make this one...

Please be careful with us....we're virgins :p

Yes, this will be our first !!!

Still have to confirm with the better ½ :)

Looks like it's a GO !!!! :burnout:

See y'all there :D

BB Benz 05-01-2014 08:01 AM

Well, now! That means I can't miss this one for the world. :D

DrKillerBee 05-01-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monalis (Post 849873)
No, we are having to move this year. Fontana is changing the Pavilion back into what it use to be used for, and that is a rental hub and snack shop of sorts. The Oak Suite is a largish cabin with a screened in porch behind the the grill. We will have AC and a bathroom this year!

Can we park our smarts where we can keep an eye on them while in the Oak Suite? One second of not watching your smart down in "them thar hills" can lead to your smart being encapsulated in a clear foreign material. It happened to the Bee more than once last year (once at night and once at Sat. dinner)and that's with parking in clear vision of the pavilion or it may have been more. That stuff just seems to fall out of the Smoky Mountain sky... or...the dastardly mad wrapper is quicker than the Easter Bunny. ;0