Stolen/Lost 450's keys... OUCH!!! - Page 3 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I sent you a private message with my phone number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
where do i get that programing machine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
This car had some interesting issues. I had the SAM and ECU with the keys shipped to me by the request of SOS in Oregon. I tried them in my car and they worked fine. The parts were then shipped back to her in Arizona and they would not work. The car started up just fine in my cars but some reason it would not start up her car. That is why if the outside of the car programing does not work then you have to program in the car. I have been programing lots of SAMs and ECUs for years outside the car and I have never had the problem. But it can happen under certain circumstances. i.e. bad black box or even a bad new or used FOB.
If you need programing there is no need to go to Mexico and get someone to program the keys. This is no problem because there are a lot of people in the United States that have the equipment to do it. I have even taught people how to use the test equipment over the phone and got the cars running. There is no need to contact Germany to get spacial codes to do the job there are code generators that will do it for you at no cost.
I am in Kansas City and it is such an easy job to program everything. When I program keys, I go ahead and program everything that is programmable just so if they want to add more things to the car in the future they have it ready to go.
If you have a mechanic or yourself that is willing to buy the equipment, about $600.00, I can teach them how to use it over the phone free of charge.
All you have to do is just PM me and then make the call.

Leroy
you stated a machine for $600 that would program the smart car ecm. could you send a link or list a name of that devise that is searchable to get one of these? I to am an owner of a smart car, 2005 450 diesel. I love the car, but what a nightmare dealing with the keys or other ecm problems. I have done decades of repairs on all sorts of vehicles, cars, big trucks, boats, heavy equipment of all sorts. nothing is as challenging as this little smart car. need an alternator - drop the engine transition and rear suspension. same with the starter. just drop the hole drive line rite out of the car. I can't imagine what on earth the engineer's where smoking when they designed this car. It's a great little car if only made to be fixed a bit more simply. Anyways, I would love to get one of those programing devices some time as I can see both I would benefit and possibly I could add it to one more things I could do on the side. I live in new Hampshire and the E-key guys are all lost when it comes to any Mercedes keys.

David Bowie
Candia, NH
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send me a PM and I will help you out.

Leroy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 3rd Post...”Nine Flashes”

Well, I bought my 2005 passion Cabriolet about a month ago… It came with only one key, and at the time I didn’t realize how difficult that was going to be. In the last few weeks, I couldn’t find anyone locally who could duplicate the key. Then, last week I tried to leave work and I got the “nine flashes”; The bad one, not the low battery signal but the indication that I was immobilized! I tried contacting SOS last week, but hadn’t received a reply, so I just submitted a quote request. After reading this thread, I think I need some Leroy help! I would definitely buy the $600 thingamajig if it enables me to program keys and get the system working again.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:04 PM
10Year+ Supporting Member
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Garage
I like your screen name......that was a really good looking Harley.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks...it’s in the garage by the (broken) Smart.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode