Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   OutSMARTing The Dragon 2015 (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f281/)
-   -   OutSMARTing The Dragon 2015 (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f281/outsmarting-dragon-2015-a-83505/)

PDXsmart 09-18-2014 07:30 AM

OutSMARTing The Dragon 2015
 
Good morning, yesterday we reached an agreement to bring OTD back to Fontana Village for 2015. We will have a much better setup this coming year. Event dates will be August 20-23, 2015. Reservations are available now at Fontana and OTD registration will open sometime in early 2015. We looked around for quite a few weeks at other locations but at this time, Fontana is the only location that can support the size of our group with a central location for dinners and car shows.

MB DNA 09-18-2014 07:43 AM

OTD v.2015
 
90 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDXsmart (Post 959969)
Good morning, yesterday we reached an agreement to bring OTD back to Fontana Village for 2015.

So this will give smartUSA enough time to coordinate the delivery of one of the first 2015 453's in the U.S. to some lucky buyer.
:bigthumbup: :spots: :burnout:

Just dreaming out-loud . . .

PDXsmart 09-18-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB DNA (Post 959977)
So this will give smartUSA enough time to coordinate the delivery of one of the first 2015 453's in the U.S. to some lucky buyer.
:bigthumbup: :spots: :burnout:

Just dreaming out-loud . . .

I asked Eric if we could get one this year (453). >:D Hopefully we can make it happen next year if sc Knox has one.

amosd70 09-18-2014 09:35 AM

Barbara Lannon Heran posted this on facebook yesterday if people on here have not seen it I wanted to share.

Tomorrow Rich Scruggs (BB Benz) is having bypass surgery. Please send good vibes and prayers his way. Thanks

chieftmc 09-18-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosd70 (Post 960065)
Barbara Lannon Heran posted this on facebook yesterday if people on here have not seen it I wanted to share.

Tomorrow Rich Scruggs (BB Benz) is having bypass surgery. Please send good vibes and prayers his way. Thanks

He posted it on his own thread https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/for...98/#post959794

Per his thread, it was actually 8 am this morning :)

jwight 09-18-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB DNA (Post 959977)
So this will give smartUSA enough time to coordinate the delivery of one of the first 2015 453's in the U.S. to some lucky buyer.
:bigthumbup: :spots: :burnout:

Just dreaming out-loud . . .

2016 US production smarts not due until "late 2015" - too late for the Dragon, unless they have a show car available. :)

MB DNA 09-18-2014 10:36 AM

90 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwight (Post 960137)
2016 US production smarts not due until "late 2015" - too late for the Dragon, unless they have a show car available. :)

Knew that BUT for some who understand Social Marketing 101, OTD could be a perfect YouTube event at which to feature the new 453 surrounded by smart enthusiasts and their 451's.

But for such a thing to happen, smartUSA would have to "want to" and sadly Mr. Schrembi has left the building . . . :shrug:

DrKillerBee 09-18-2014 04:47 PM

What area are we going to use for the dinners and gathering. If we use the Oak room that we used this year it would be best if they removed the huge card tables and had just the long tables so that everyone can sit in the same room for dinner. A couple of pop up canopies would be helpful as well.
Do they charge us (you) for the use of the Oak room?

jwight 09-18-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB DNA (Post 960185)
Knew that BUT for some who understand Social Marketing 101, OTD could be a perfect YouTube event at which to feature the new 453 surrounded by smart enthusiasts and their 451's.

But for such a thing to happen, smartUSA would have to "want to" and sadly Mr. Schrembi has left the building . . . :shrug:

Not to beat a dead horse, but the US 453 won't be in production until after the Dragon; smart will have some sort of US prototypes on the show car circuit starting in January and might be able to get one for the Dragon - but it won't actually be an actual "new" 453. :)

MB DNA 09-18-2014 07:10 PM

90 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwight (Post 960513)
Not to beat a dead horse...

Tired of the beating, you win?

Anyone got Paul Elio's number?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome