Smart Car of America Forum banner

40,000 want Smart cars, Penske says

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  SmartBob 
#1 · (Edited)
NWAnews.com said:
“Today we have over 40,000 people who have given us a reservation” over the Internet for the car, Penske told more than more than 1,000 members of the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce’s annual meeting Thursday.

...Arkansans should be able to buy the popular Smart Fortwo by 2009, Roger Penske, chairman of Penske Corp., said Thursday.

...It isn’t likely that Penske’s Landers Automotive dealerships in Benton and Fayetteville will sell the car, Penske said.
http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Business/210613/

Reservations are still rolling in!

#2 ·
The most interesting thing about his statement is what it may mean for anybody from Arkansas who already has a reservation in and has already configured. Does it imply they still would not get a car until an Arkansas dealer was opened? Possibly not until 2009?

#4 · (Edited)
Well, all I can say is that I hope that is not the case. I have an 1173 reservation number here in Arkansas and I did email what appears to be my closest dealer (Jackie Cooper Imports, Tulsa, OK) and they did say that they would be the smart dealer and would be open for business on Jan. 2 as planned. I figure I will take delivery from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.