Smart Car of America Forum banner

Cherry Hill, NJ, update.

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  SmartBob 
#1 · (Edited)
The 2d story Smart level is nearing completion. My salesman, Tad, was nice enuff to take me up for a look-see. They have a real nice balcony like display where one of the Smarties can be seen from below among the big $$$$$ Benz autos. There are white marble like tiles down and the walls are unfinished. Tad said the contractors have been working everyday getting the drywall up, etc. There are rolls of a special wallpaper but we don't know if it's Smart Car paper or just some stylish decorative yadda yadda yadda for the walls. There is a huge sky lite that will shine down on the main Fortwo. It should look REAL sharp when their done. I can't wait. Demos in by end of December? I hope so! :)

In the middle pic the Smart facility will be the balcony (and then some) in the top right corner of the photo.

See less See more
#2 ·
I followed the advice of many people here and reached out to the Cherry Hill Dealership via email. I introduced myself and asked if they could hook me up with the Smart car manager. No response yet (it's only been 2 days). Has anyone else had any recent experiences with this dealership?

#3 ·
On Dec 6th I heard back from a Ed Albertus from Cherry Hill Mercedes-Benz. We didn't get to touch base as I was on vacation but what he basicially had to say was: The new showroom is 95% complete and on target for January.
They have a team going for SMART training this week and should have more info then. :D

I'll try to contact him later this week.

#5 ·
There seem to be very few C. Hill members that I know of. I talk to Tad Isch there. I've been keeping in touch...just stopped by Saturday to see lots of progress. No work yet on cars arrival etc. As with most...looking toward the end of December/Jan2 but we will see.

#6 · (Edited)
They're coming, they're coming! :)

Just a note to our Delaware Valley and vicinity reservation holders. My dealership has told me they expect cars in days. If you want to call, give a ring to Tad @ 856-663-3200 at Cherry Hill Mercedes. I have a few pics I took of their showroom I will post tonight. I'm very excited to see the new car. :D

#9 ·
Looks great, Bob!

Your dealership is further along than *mine*. Funny how we're taking possession of *our* Smart dealerships, isn't it? I almost took a PT job as a *Smart Enthusiast* with our local dealership but my plate is full already with full time job and PT home business as well so I had to beg off. But I told the MB GM that although I could not be working for them I would still be an *outside salemen* once I got my own car to flaunt around the Albany area.
Here in days, huh? Boy, that IS exciting with this long wait as it has been. *My* dealership is coming along great. All flooring is done, walls all sheetrocked, new full view windows all installed and today they are installing the siding as I speak. One half of the floor area is full of brand new furniture so it won't be long at all, Bob, before we both have *our* dealerships up and running. :D

#11 ·
I was coming back from NJ to Delaware after visiting my parents. Cherry Hill was on the way so I drove by. If you didn't know, there is no sign of smart car at the dealership. Ray Catena of Edison NJ has the showroom virtually complete with an announcement banner saying coming soon. Will be a class act all the way. Nothing but glitz, white and yellow with ikea like funiture.

#12 ·
I was coming back from NJ to Delaware after visiting my parents. Cherry Hill was on the way so I drove by. If you didn't know, there is no sign of smart car at the dealership. Ray Catena of Edison NJ has the showroom virtually complete with an announcement banner saying coming soon. Will be a class act all the way. Nothing but glitz, white and yellow with ikea like funiture.
Are you saying that the pictures posted in the "clickey" below are false?

:D

#13 · (Edited)
Read back a little more MP3SMART Dood. If you'll notice every posted pic of a dealership looks alike. We all have (or will have)the desks, pics and "Ikea" furniture. Next time walk in, go upstairs and look at THIS! A banner is kind of pointless when you have nothing to show but showROOM! They are all expected to open in Jan. just like we've been told for 9 months now.

#14 ·
Keep your shirt on, I like the showroom I saw in Edison and I appreciated the big Coming soon banner that was announcing the dealership. My only point was that in Cherry Hill, its pure Mercedes on a drive by. Considering the fact that most of us here are getting excited over pictures of empty desks, the banner made me feel it was getting closer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.