How has NOT scene the Smart Street Tour yet? - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Admin emeritus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How has NOT scene the Smart Street Tour yet?

I just wanted to hear from those who have not seen the road show yet.

What are you most anxious about? What are you looking to talk about with the Smart USA reps?

What can we here at SCoA bring to you that you have yet to see?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Compensating For Nothing
SCOA Club

We won't see the arrival of the tour until late October here in the Dallas area. I'm hoping that all my questions will have been answered already, but I would like to know about options pricing, who and where my dealer will be, and a definitive answer on the Brabus. When I emailed them they said that the US won't be getting the Brabus, but yet I read some of the posts that allude to getting it here. This decision puzzles me since my conversation with the Mini Cooper reps in Frankfurt told me that 80% of all the S's are sold in the US...if WE aren't the market for performance versions of cars, then who is?

I'm not as concerned with performance (acceleration) as others, but I want the look.

I really would like to get the patterned body panels like I've seen in Europe, but it appears Smart thinks Americans are too boring for fun stuff like that. This car will be primarily for fun, and if we fall in love with it, it will be my primary vehicle.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Smart A**
SCOA Club

Yes, a full list of options and costs is needed to determine if the ForTwo will be practical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMART View Post
What can we here at SCoA bring to you that you have yet to see?
If you could get someone to unlock the after-market thread over in the Modification forum, that would be great! TIA.

tm
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Smartie
SCOA Club

Rlove,
Contrary to your reasons for wanting a Brabus, mine would be for the added go-power. I've already read how one guy was driving his grey market Smart passing some dude in a big pickup truck and the pickup started pulling up on him as he was trying to pass so the Smart driver had to pull back in. I would have some difficulty with that and so this is why I want that power....to keep face you might say.....jsut in case I may need it sometime.
I've had small, powerful cars almost all my life so why change now. The power and nimbleness of a well made small car is unparalleled when it comes to driving/road situations requiring fast reactions to keep yourself out of trouble AND to keep that smile on your face when challenged to a friendly *light-to-light*..... And if one maintains reasonable driving posture most of the time, the gas mileage will still be admireable.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Closed

SMART,

It may very well be that the sCoA fora will have to fill in and answer the pertinent questions. I found that the road tour situation was so crowded and rushed (even the "private" one) that there was no way that my prepared list of questions could be addressed. Never even got a chance to break-out the piece of paper.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Compensating For Nothing
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysan View Post
Rlove,
Contrary to your reasons for wanting a Brabus, mine would be for the added go-power. I've already read how one guy was driving his grey market Smart passing some dude in a big pickup truck and the pickup started pulling up on him as he was trying to pass so the Smart driver had to pull back in. I would have some difficulty with that and so this is why I want that power....to keep face you might say.....jsut in case I may need it sometime.
I've had small, powerful cars almost all my life so why change now. The power and nimbleness of a well made small car is unparalleled when it comes to driving/road situations requiring fast reactions to keep yourself out of trouble AND to keep that smile on your face when challenged to a friendly *light-to-light*..... And if one maintains reasonable driving posture most of the time, the gas mileage will still be admireable.
Well yeah, I'd enjoy the power - I'm used to it to driving small powerful cars like my JCW MINI and my TT, but I'm looking more for the economy. If the mileage sacrifice wasn't too severe I wouldn't have a problem with it - but that hasn't been my experience in the past. A "S" MINI gets about 23 in town and my Works car got between 15 and 19 depending on the weight of my right foot. The TT hangs around 20 , and will dust the Works car. If it was to be your only car you might want a little more all-round performance, but it'll just be primarily a play car for us....until the $5 gas gets here. And it's coming, and won't stop there...especially if Bush doesn't stop screwing around in the Middle East.

By the way, if some clown starts speeding up while you're trying to pass him, (sounds like life in Texas) there aren't going to be a lot of cars that can overcome that in the continually decreasing distance.

But, it seems, we're not going to get the opportunity at the outset anyway. You might have to wait until early '09 I would guess, unless you just do after-market modding.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Smart A**
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysan View Post
. I would have some difficulty with that and so this is why I want that power....to keep face you might say.....jsut in case I may need it sometime.
I know exactly what you mean, but with the Smart, I suggest you lose face and keep your life.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 05:32 AM

Smart Car Test Drive Invitation

Hi,
The Smart Car Road Show is scheduled here in Nashville Sept 14 - 16 (less than 2 weeks). I have had my smart car for two reservation since April. To date I have not received an invitation to test drive the smart car. Should I be worried that have I not received mine yet? :eek:
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Senior Smartie
SCOA Club

Not to worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw412 View Post
Hi,
The Smart Car Road Show is scheduled here in Nashville Sept 14 - 16 (less than 2 weeks). I have had my smart car for two reservation since April. To date I have not received an invitation to test drive the smart car. Should I be worried that have I not received mine yet? :eek:
Hi WDW,
I anxiously awaited the Road Tour myself here in Albany and never got the invitation that I had heard some received to attend. If you know where it will be and when, I'd just show up...that's what I did and things worked out just fine. I did make it known to the GM at the Mercedes dealership that I had reserved early (March 20) and that I had NOT received an invite. She immediately emailed a person at Penske that she apparently had coordinated the event thru and verified my reservation confirmation # with her just to make sure my reservation had not gone thru the cracks. I would do the same if I were you since when the cars get onto our shores there will be a flood of wannabe buyers and I HOPE getting the reservation at the time that I did is honored by PAG and my local dealership.
Good luck and have fun. Take a second drive if you feel the need.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode