LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:25 PM
King of Smart Gadgetry
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Garage
Kamaal thank you so much for your knowledge and help on this forum. You were Smart's number #1 supporter in so many ways. West Covina provided parts for me to keep Max running on the road and the transactions could not have been easier. I am so sad to see so many good friends leaving the forum and moving on. I fear for the future of my Fortwo to be able to keep it on the road. I have put so much extra money into it to add things that enhances it and I'm still at it today. You will accel at anything to try because you a dedicated and very intelligent. You will be missed my friend. DCO
TomLeeM likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was told (off the records, of course) that 2019 is the last production year for Smart in the US. It's a shame, really, as I was hoping they would put the Smart4Four in the US before this happened. Personally, I find the move to all ED vehicles is a mistake, but that, again, is just my opinion. Especially when the closest Smart center to me is nearly 300 miles away.
Smart Bob likes this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:08 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 2,424 Times in 1,440 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damundai View Post
I was told (off the records, of course) that 2019 is the last production year for Smart in the US.
4/29/2019 for the record . . .

https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/fo...ml#post1664650
jwight likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My dealership is officially sold out of new smart cars and my time with the brand is now also over. I was asked to stay on at my dealership and work with the dealership's pre-owned department management, new MB sales, and to help with the future MB EQ-line.

I had an interesting 6.25 years with smart. I started with the brand at my dealership as smart launched the 451 EV, lived through that hype and then the cool-down, did the ColorMeRad events in MA and Maine that smartUSA sponsored, saw the 453 improvements in both gas then EV, went to plenty of local EV events to show off the cars(even though they didn't result in any additional sales), drove an electric smart up and down Mt. Washington Auto Road in New Hampshire, learned of the ICE cancellation, sat next to Annette Winkler at dinner in Las Vegas, tried out the smart Vision EQ, went to SXSW in Austin TX to see the smart car exhibits, heard of the EV cancellation earlier this year, and meet plenty of interesting people along the way. I had a lot of fun driving the cars to clients throughout New England (even when that meant stopping for 3 hours to recharge the car and grab lunch) and especially enjoyed the instant torque of the EV models and the looks the car got while flying past people on the road, especially convertibles. The vehicles did not get much respect from many people but I tried to convert as many people I could into believers. Changing over to Mercedes and eventually EQ without any of the uniqueness of the smart brand and the clients who loved it will be an interesting transition.

Au revoir.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmartCarDan For This Useful Post:
MB DNA (08-09-2019), Miss Mercedes (08-20-2019), Smart Bob (08-09-2019), sokoloff (08-09-2019)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:33 PM
10Year+ Supporting Member
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
Hey.....you are still one of us, don't be a stranger.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:28 PM

Thanked 1,073 Times in 697 Posts
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Garage
There's always PSA, who apparently will have Peugeots for sale here by 2023. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode