User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
smart happens here!
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dunno eqwalker...I can tell you that I haven't seen anyone who reserved on the 20th get a confirmation email. There may be ALOT of 3/19 reservations to go through!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
smart happens here!
SCOA Club

That's weird! I just posted the reply below and it wound up as post #1 in this thread!!!!

I'll try again-

dunno eqwalker...I can tell you that I haven't seen anyone who reserved on the 20th get a confirmation email. There may be ALOT of 3/19 reservations to go through!
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
smart happens here!
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqwalker View Post
My last 4 digits is 1173 (which I did reserve mine on the 19th). As of today (17th) I have not received any email yet. Has anyone else that has the last 4 digits of 1173 not received an email either?

(It did it again!! I've posted this reply twice and it wound up at the front of the thread, so I this time I'll reply with a quote)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 04:06 AM
Smart A**
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqwalker View Post
My last 4 digits is 1173 (which I did reserve mine on the 19th). As of today (17th) I have not received any email yet. Has anyone else that has the last 4 digits of 1173 not received an email either?
eqwalker,

What time of day did you receive your confirmation email from Smart?
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Admin emeritus

Smart Car Confirmations-- 300 only

It has been confirmed that the reports of Smart Fortwo reservation confirmations via mysmartfortow.com have taken place.

Smart USA sent out 300 invitations to reserve the car at their newly developed site. The very first 300 registrants from the smart fortwo reservation list were sent emails asking them to specify and confirm their reservation with smart usa.

The first 300 people from the entire reservation list were sent this email. It has been confirmed by reliable sources that only 300 reservations were sent out and there is no word of when the next batch will be sent out and how large this may be.

Thank you for your interest in the reservation process and we will stay on top of this every step through the process.

Thank you very much for your support and attendance,
Smart Cars of America.

Last edited by SMART; 09-01-2007 at 07:46 AM.
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 04:29 AM
SCOA Club

This insider preference will not engender confidence in fair play for Smart customers. The first boatloads of Smarts will be valuable commodities for resale (much more than the grey market ones - and we see what they go for- as they'll have warantees, better parts availability etc.) and it looks like the insiders will be able to sell them on at a hefty profit. Makes one wonder how fairly Penske will treat their customers on other matters (additional markups by dealers, warantee work etc.). Disquieting to say the least- the automotive business in general I think has great difficulty walking away from opportunities to make a killing like this will be.
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMART View Post
It has been confirmed by reliable sources that only 300 reservations were sent out and there is no word of when the next batch will be sent out and how large this may be.
This must be the first boat from Europe with Smarts!
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
smart happens here!
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
This insider preference will not engender confidence in fair play for Smart customers. The first boatloads of Smarts will be valuable commodities for resale (much more than the grey market ones - and we see what they go for- as they'll have warantees, better parts availability etc.) and it looks like the insiders will be able to sell them on at a hefty profit. Makes one wonder how fairly Penske will treat their customers on other matters (additional markups by dealers, warantee work etc.). Disquieting to say the least- the automotive business in general I think has great difficulty walking away from opportunities to make a killing like this will be.
Where is there insider preference??

All SmartUSA has done is testing out the next step of the process for all of us! Let's remind ourselves, these 300 people have yet to order anything!!
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Admin emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCard View Post
Where is there insider preference??

All SmartUSA has done is testing out the next step of the process for all of us! Let's remind ourselves, these 300 people have yet to order anything!!
SmartCard is right. As of right now, the first 300 to register via the $99 dollaer registration list has been sent the login info for the confirmation segment of the ordering process.

From here, Smart USA I would imagine is taking feedback to possibly improve the system if needed or maybe even fix glitches or hiccups of the original registration, making sure of no-double registration so us as the consumer can more accurately plan on the appropriate arrival of the car.

For that I say thank you to Smart USA and I will wait patiently till I receive my confirmation login info...
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Smart A**
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
I'm with Smartcard on this one. Where's the insider preference? The only folks anybody's heard from that claimed to have been contacted, all placed their reservation on March 19. I've also heard of folks that reserved on that day who were not contacted. I can easily imagine that far more than 300 people submitted their reservation the minute they opened their email on that date.
Lewis, what day did you place your reservation?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode