Smart Car of America Forum banner

The Truth about the smart car (review)

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Peddlecar 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Smart's biggest hurdle - egotistical Americans driving too big..too comfortable...too expensive cars for too long...gobbling up our resources and roaring passed you well over the speed limits. This guy obviously isn't being objective at all and let's his over inflated ego grossly effect any useful critique of what most reviewers found to be a great car. My 2 cents. :)

#8 ·
That wasnt a review at all...more like a bashing. He definitely wasnt objective at all and that makes me mad. Here, we all love smarts and I think we can all say that it has some shortcomings like any other car. But that review can be compared to someone who hates the yankees talking about the yankees. They should change the website to thebiasedtruthaboutcars.com

#9 ·
I've read these guys for years. They hate EVERYTHING. Well, except maybe a $200,000 Ferrari. I've stopped reading them because they never give an honest analysis, instead they simply whine like two year olds. Remember the old "Life" cereal commercial? "Let's get Mikey - he hates everything!"

#13 ·
You have to admit though, that where they over-exagerate the flaws of the Smart, we as a group tend to overlook them. To wit, there is no reason why the Smart has to handle like a top heavy grocery cart around the corners. Correcting this problem will be my first engineering mod to the car.

#14 ·
Why talk about the car coming to the US and then drive the older Euro version for a test?

Talk about a stupid waste of time and writing. That is a classic example of useless, and poor writing. Did it really tell someone anything other then his opiinion about a car that isn't even going to be sold here??

Some of what he said, I'm sure is very true compared to other cars, duhhh, it isn't an SUV, it isn't going to ride like one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.