Solo Performance Dual Tip Exhaust full video review. - Page 3 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Firstly, sorry about your dog dude, sounds bad, I too have 3 dogs, one is 14 and had a stroke 2 years ago, he still chases his toy, but sometimes wobbles a bit and has a head tilt, so I feel your pain.
Zorst sounds great, nice and deep, gear changes sound slurry though compared to mine, and you need to rev that engine more, give it more beans man, these wee cars need revvin', I know you were in a built up area, so would like to see another video out on the open road, to hear you using the car more, maybe that can be your next vid
Have fun,
El
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the wishes headless. My dog is now out of the hospital resting comfortably at home. We will be lucky to get days to weeks with him so thank you for all of your prayers. We have had back luck with our dogs; one died of bone caner, one died of cardiomyopathy, we had to put one down because of some anal gland issues, one dog has seizures once a month, and now we have a heart patient, and my rabbit just died a week ago so we are always on the wrong side of luck from the looks of it.

Anyhow, thank you for your suggestion. I might just take it for a long drive so people can hear the exhaust more. I usually open it up in my neighborhood anyway, but I had one arm on the camera so it wouldn't bounce around and make unnecessary noises. Now, if I go for a good drive, should I have the top up or down?
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Brett,

Thanks so much for those videos! They really give a good "second opinion" of the sound of the exhaust. No disrespect to smart madness, but I had removed the SOLO exhaust as a choice I'd want because their video on their website made it sound so tinny and "empty". Edit: the drive-by video anyway, the standing still one sounded fuller end-Edit

I noticed I could still really hear the blinkers inside as you were driving, OVER the sound of the exhaust. I don't know about your blinkers, but mine are pretty quiet - being able to hear them over the exhaust really puts in context how quiet it is inside the cabin.

Last edited by escapePod; 06-10-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: went back and listened again to smart madness's videos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Garage
I'm glad my videos provided you with a second opinion escapePod. About the blinkers, I am going to assume that all of the smart cars' blinkers were created equally, but once the RPM drops, the sound drops as well and doesn't put that drone in the passenger compartment. If I play music, I can barely even hear the exhaust and would have to try and actually hear it to hear it. The blinkers are quiet and if the exhaust had drone, I doubt, like you said, would be able to hear the blinkers. If you want a quieter exhaust, you could always wait until the SILA exhaust is released or try out the Smartcar Performance exhaust, but price versus sound/performance, I believe in my humble opinion that the solo exhaust is a great option. The best way would be to find another smart car owner that has a solo exhaust for you to hear or if you go to the nationals, you could always listen to somebody's.

Again, thank you for your compliments and I am glad my videos helped put into context the sound of the exhaust.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:27 AM

Garage
Hi Brett, great review. I like that you pointed out that the exhaust note is good at highway speed. I'd die if the exhaust was louder than the sound system. I am a big music freak. I posted a comment directly on your YouTube page from www.youtubecom/smartcarfor2. have a look at the videos I posted. I'm no video editing expert but I think that they would give some insight on what it takes to do some of the fun projects smart owners take on.

Sorry to hear about your dog and the economic problems the situation is causing. Hoping for the best for you all.

Tony
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Garage
Hey Tony. I have been watching your videos for quite some time and I must say they are great videos! I have enjoyed every one of your videos I watched. Thank you for you compliments on my video review and your concerns about out situations and have a great day!

Sincerely,
Brett
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:38 PM

Loved the Video, lots of good info. Have you seen any change in mileage?
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Garage
It might have went up a few MPG's. I'll report back when I have to fill up again.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Has anyone used that chip you wire in that costs 69.00 that is supposed to up the power and mileage?
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Garage
Not the wonder chip. Oh boy. It is a scam...trust me. Read any forum about it. Just type in slr chip review on google and see for yourself.

Last edited by smartcar111; 06-24-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Tags
exhaust , review , solo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode