User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Newsletter 12

Just received it! Yes the subject line was correct. Glad I'm an insuder as I only received what they had to say a day after they released it to the press.

Next month they will be announcing the name of their forum. I'm thinking it could the "spdickey community." ()
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 02:53 AM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah being an "insuder" gets you the inside scoop. LOL

Last edited by SmartBob; 01-16-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: No persanal attacks allowed.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Haven't received it, anything interesting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 08:35 AM
SCOA Club

Nothing new to us...but confirmation at least.

Dear smart Enthusiast,

What a way to start the New Year! We are thrilled to announce that the smart fortwo has finally arrived in the United States. The first shipment of cars are here and ready to be delivered to smart dealers. We are also pleased to announce our dealership network which will consist of 74 smart dealerships. By the end of January, 68 of the 74 dealers will be open and operational, subject to licensing and other required approvals. The remaining six smart dealers should be open by June 1st.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our online surveys. We are pleased to announce that we have a great amount of interest in smart merchandise and you will soon be able to purchase this merchandise at your dealership and through our e-store. We also had a large number of votes for the naming of our enthusiast site. We are sorting through the most popular names nominated and will let you know the winner shortly. More information about the new enthusiast site will be available in next month’s newsletter.

As always, for the latest information about smart please visit our website at www.smartusa.com. We appreciate your commitment and enthusiasm to the smart brand and we are excited to begin changing the landscape of the highways of America.

Best regards,

Dave Schembri
President, smart USA

AND THE DEALER LIST INFO:
smart USA is pleased to announce its dealership network of 74 smart dealerships across the United States. smart USA dealerships will be branded as “smart center” with the city name (for example – the dealership in Beverly Hills, California will be called - smart center Beverly Hills). Each smart center will have a distinctive smart look, various display and demonstration cars, and a tridion safety cell. For the true smart enthusiasts, vehicle accessories and personal merchandise will also be available for purchase.

A list of our dealerships, along with contact information, can be found on our website at www.smartusa.com. This list will be updated as dealerships open across the country. Please contact the dealership nearest you for additional information, including exact opening dates.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Smart A**
SCOA Club

Plenty of DC Area Dealerships

It looks like MB (or Penske) is expecting great sales in the DC area. Based on Newsletter volume 12 that I got yesterday, I will have 4 Smart Centers within 35 miles of me.(Vienna and Alexandria, VA & Germantown and Annapolis, MD).

Even tough I am in a MD suburb of DC, the two VA locations are closer than the MD locations. It will be interesting to see which one gives me the call.

They also list the Virginia Beach, VA dealer in the DC area, but that is no where near DC.

Last edited by lhoboy; 01-17-2008 at 05:05 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
SCOA Club

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
Just received it! Yes the subject line was correct. Glad I'm an insuder as I only received what they had to say a day after they released it to the press.

Next month they will be announcing the name of their forum. I'm thinking it could the "spdickey community." ()
I joined early this month and have not recieved newsletters
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,810 Times in 3,522 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
I joined early this month and have not recieved newsletters
Did you sign up to be an "insider" at www.smartusa.com? That gets you all the inside scoop, including the newsletters; just ask Fredvon4! ;)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
SCOA Club

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
yea, nothing but the welcome letter.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 02:05 PM
SCOA Club

So, am I to assume that we will not receive another official communication from smartUSA till the end of March when they will announce the new computer program that will supposedly give us more information about our cars? That is what I was lead to believe by the last communication that I received in January. Is the Newsletter process dead? It never was much information but at least it was some.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
SCOA Club

Quote:
For all other Reservation Holders, we are working diligently to provide you with a 90 day window for your anticipated delivery, based on assumptions available at that time. This information should be available by the end of March.
We find out more here than from any newsletter anyway.

SPDY - did you get your confirmation yet? As far as our letter goes we can only expect to receive our cars in the second half of 2008. Depending on our area some of us can expect delivery much sooner. That's all I've got. Initially I had hoped for August or so but sooner is very cool....I can wait as long as my car holds up. hehehe Finding something concrete out by the end of March is reasonable in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode