Smart Car of America Forum banner

Disconnecting battery reset maintenance interval ??

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SmartDigger 
#1 ·
I am in the process of completing the installation of a Blue Ox baseplate on my 09 Passion, and I have had the battery disconnected.
When I powered it back up, every thing returned to normal except I noticed that the maintanance interval display has reset to zero.
It is showing one wrench on startup.
As I will be towing the car, and will be installing a battery shutoff switch I was wondering if this is normal ?
I can keep paper records if it is normal.
P/S I got my custom Illinois license plate. It is "SMARTE 1"
I made a custom front license plate mount that attaches to the Blue Ox baseplate where the tail light connector is supposed to be mounted. I mounted my light connector under the hood.

#6 ·
Oddly enough -2 ??

Oddly enough the maintanance monitor showed -2 after reconnecting the battery.
I followed the battery reconnect procedure exactly.
We drove it about 20 miles today, and the -2 still showed.
It may be in day's insted of miles?
Anyway I reset it, and I have paper records of dealer maintanance, and my OBD scanner showes no codes.
The car has less than 9.75k miles, and the oil was chainged at 6.5k by the dealer.
Maby it was just a glitch ?
P/S I can highly recomend the cheap eBay Blue tooth OBD scanners and the "Torque" smart phone app.
It will show almost everything you want to know about the car "on the fly"

#7 ·
Oddly enough the maintanance monitor showed -2 after reconnecting the battery.
I followed the battery reconnect procedure exactly.
We drove it about 20 miles today, and the -2 still showed.
It may be in day's insted of miles?
Anyway I reset it, and I have paper records of dealer maintanance, and my OBD scanner showes no codes.
The car has less than 9.75k miles, and the oil was chainged at 6.5k by the dealer.
Maby it was just a glitch ?
P/S I can highly recomend the cheap eBay Blue tooth OBD scanners and the "Torque" smart phone app.
It will show almost everything you want to know about the car "on the fly"
Do you know if that works with smarttekinfo? Link to which one???

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.