Smart Car of America Forum banner

Reset Maintenance Interval

153K views 107 replies 68 participants last post by  TwoSmartFourMyOwnGood 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Try These Two Methods:Method 1

Switch on ignition to position 1

Select maintenance indicator within 4 sec. by double tapping the left instrument cluster button

Switch off the ignition to position 0 (off) within 10 sec.

Push and hold in the left instrument cluster button and switch ignition on

Hold the left instrument cluster button for another 10 sec

In that time, the spanner symbol on the LCD will flash and eventually reset

Method 2

Switch on the ignition to position 1

Select maintenance indicator within 4 sec by double tapping the left instrument cluster button, keep it held down on the second press.

Switch off the ignition to position 0 (off) within 10 sec

Switch ingnition on

Keep the left instrument cluster button held down for another 10 sec.

In that time, the spanner symbol on the LCD will flash and eventually reset.

PS Got This from SteveM1tx, it does work!!! Hope it helps :cool:

See less See more
#17 ·
after 3 days of tring to reset, I got frustrated and drove to Smart Center Cerritos for them to reset it for me...... Apparently all the method on this thread are way off. The tech reset it in 20 seconds. Ok here is the right way to do it....

Step 1: Switch on ignition. (But do not start car!)

Step 2: Select maintenance indicator so it's in the display (double tapping reset button on the left)

Step 3:
Switch off the ignition (Maintenance Indicator should still displayed)

Step 4: Once the drops down press and hold the reset button (Left Button) and turn the ignition on and hold the button down til it resets

#19 ·
after 3 days of tring to reset, I got frustrated and drove to Smart Center Cerritos for them to reset it for me...... Apparently all the method on this thread are way off. The tech reset it in 20 seconds. Ok here is the right way to do it....

Step 1: Switch on ignition. (But do not start car!)

Step 2: Select maintenance indicator so it's in the display (double tapping reset button on the left)

Step 3:
Switch off the ignition (Maintenance Indicator should still displayed)

Step 4: Once the drops down press and hold the reset button (Left Button) and turn the ignition on and hold the button down til it resets
..sorry dude...but that was worthless ..at least for me...

..now p1nball...or as I call him..one ball...with all the love in my heart...post 1 method one..took every bit of 24 seconds ...the time required for all the steps and I'm back at 10k...

jetfuel...total reset

#21 · (Edited)
Or this: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f25/maintenance-indicator-reset-service-wrench-17189/ :)

From Post # 178:

Smart car Maintenance (wrench) Reset

Switch on ignition to position 1 (do not start engine)

Select maintenance indicator wrench within 4 sec. by double tapping the left instrument cluster button

Push and hold the left instrument cluster button

Switch ignition on

Continue holding the left instrument cluster button for another 10 sec

In that time, the wrench symbol on the LCD will flash and eventually reset to “10,000”

If the trip odometer flashes and resets to 0.0, turn key off, wait ten seconds and start over.

:)

#108 · (Edited)
Or this: Maintenance indicator reset (service wrench) :)

From Post # 178:

Smart car Maintenance (wrench) Reset

Switch on ignition to position 1 (do not start engine)

Select maintenance indicator wrench within 4 sec. by double tapping the left instrument cluster button

Push and hold the left instrument cluster button

Switch ignition on

Continue holding the left instrument cluster button for another 10 sec

In that time, the wrench symbol on the LCD will flash and eventually reset to “10,000”

If the trip odometer flashes and resets to 0.0, turn key off, wait ten seconds and start over.

:)
Worked on my 2015 ED, first try.
(Smooth & fast is key)

Excellent, easy to follow video:
(Thank you evilution)

#22 ·
Been awhile since I reset my indicator, tried the first two methods about a dozen times, didn't work. Then I tried the above one, starting with the key in the ON position. worked on the first try. Wish I could remember that for next time but I know I'll forget....

#28 ·
Just reset mine this morning. Took about six tries though. I think perhaps I didn't wait long enough between my attempts, because I gave up, had breakfast, reread all instructions and hints, then tried before I headed off to work. Differences were, the long wait between failed attempts, and for the one that worked, I did it is fast as I could. I did notice a very faintly audible chime on each failed attempt, perhaps an error notice from the computer? Anyway, it's reset for another 10,000 miles.

#30 ·
Thanks very much. I change my own oil and am at 30,000 miles, and sure didn't want that little wrench talking to me forever. Also, I decided not to change the plugs yet. Seems senseless. An old German mechanic was surprised the book calls for changing them. He said "The car will tell you when they're due." :) Don't need the little blinking wrench for that either then. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.