Performance 0-60, 1/8, 1/4 mile - Page 13 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
geez i love my smart and all but people spending money on turbo kits to run 17s second 1/4 miles at BEST BEST BEST??

Now i really wanna try the Porsche Turbo VS my fortwo with a 10 second head start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspikey View Post
geez i love my smart and all but people spending money on turbo kits to run 17s second 1/4 miles at BEST BEST BEST??

Now i really wanna try the Porsche Turbo VS my fortwo with a 10 second head start.

haha be careful what your doing if you can lose your pink slip. Actually 17 sec 1/4 miles aren't that bad when compared to some older cars and even some of the new heavier breeds. I am going to pull some data for non-smarts to show comparisons. the more quicker newer cars that can hold their own are running in the 15s though, and if someone could get a smart running mid-15s and still 40MPG, I think you could kick some butt on the street if you didn't match up with the more powerful cars. And since, I prefer 0-60 as the measurement, I'd love to see a 8 second or less 0-60 in my smart. Of course, if things get to crazy, the smart goes home and big brother who runs 0-60 in 4 seconds flat comes out to play.

we just need to get the right number and placement of the decals. jetfuel is working on that.....

Last edited by fastturb; 04-10-2010 at 07:47 PM.
post #123 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Thanked 1,945 Times in 917 Posts
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
I would delete it on your latest chart since it didn't go with those stats.
I'm sure as time goes on there will be new numbers to post for others as well.
As for 0-60 VS dragstrip numbers. I feel the 1/4 mile dragstrip is the most honest playing field with a documented piece of paper. But I suppose someone could turn in a slip that didn't belong to them. I was fortunate to have a couple of people there that are SCOA members, one which I met for the first time "GHammerly" witness my runs. Video would of been the ticket but I don't own one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 07:47 PM

Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,012 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
...OH NO..no video...why will I want everybody to see my go fast stickers getting blown by the turbulent air left in front of me?...

jetfuel...where's that super glue at?
post #125 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Thanked 1,945 Times in 917 Posts
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspikey View Post

The main reason for putting the turbo on my Smart is merely this. I didn't like the feeling when I went out to pass a vehicle and mashed the gas pedal to the floor and not much happened. That has all changed
No, it's still no speed demon but the little roller skate does move now with some authority.
post #126 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
For sale pm for details
SCOA Club

I have great news I might have little devils 0-60 beat
post #127 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:09 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo42 View Post
I have great news I might have little devils 0-60 beat
I highly doubt it ;) the 0-60 isn't anything, it's the 0-90 or 60-90 that makes a huge difference. After 60 mph the car takes so much more power to accelerate due to it's non aerodynamic shape of the car.

Factory smart takes 30+ seconds to go from 60-90 mph.. I can do it in 6.9 or 7 seconds... that.. my friend is a huge improvement... show me that and I'll be very impressed ;) I don't care what the boost level is neither as you can run super high boost with a hot intake air and it wouldn't matter, the best way to beat my time is to post fresh video off from the camera directly, nothing modified showing the 0-90 mph time ;)... this way it factors in all the shifting time and the "average" is better. 0-60 mph is too short as it has two shifts to go thru.

But if you do beat me, then all the better! Because I got something else in the pipe line to keep you on a chase ;)....

Larry
post #128 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 11:18 AM

1/4 mile times are precise measurements with a time slip to back it up, come on guys get with it.
post #129 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNEY O View Post
The main reason for putting the turbo on my Smart is merely this. I didn't like the feeling when I went out to pass a vehicle and mashed the gas pedal to the floor and not much happened. That has all changed
No, it's still no speed demon but the little roller skate does move now with some authority.
Today I had a chance to drive this car and I must say I'm very impressed.Almost as soon as you floor it in 1st you have to shift to second, I thought I heard a chirp from the tires from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd but the traffic was limiting me from giving it a good workout. It's no funny car but it sure is a FUN car, if I could afford it I'd love to have mine set up this way.
post #130 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Update: some new folks added.

Leaders remain the same so challenge is out to Larry and Turbo42 to send in your results!!! Everyone else invited to join in but as we (hopefully) grow the list only the top results will stay visible and I'll sort by results. Thanks to the participants so far. I haven't added any "HELP" or audio but if you are having trouble reading or understanding the table - just contact me

did I mention that the challenge is out???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode