Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   South Region (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f39/)
-   -   Calling all Mississippi Smarts (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f39/calling-all-mississippi-smarts-12755/)

MS Smartiepants 08-18-2008 01:18 AM

Calling all Mississippi Smarts

Are there any other Mississippians with smarts on here? I got my red with black trid August 5 in Birmingham. I do love it!

I know I've seen a couple of smarts in MS... but have had no luck finding anyone on here or smart insider.

Any news on the Jackson, MS smart center? Supposedly they're getting one.

Kermit 08-18-2008 05:02 AM

Mississippi and Smart in the same sentence! WoW, who'da thunk it?! :D JUST KIDDING!! WELCOME!

I have a feeling I saw your car - I went up to check out the B-Ham dealership on the 2nd. Only remember seeing 2 red interior cars while I was there so I'm guessing you have a black/grey interior as one of those red interior cars I know who it belongs to and the other was a red interior YELLOW Passion! :eek:

amoore007 08-18-2008 10:17 AM

I'm here in Laurel. Work in Meridian 120 miles each day and love the drive. It is not a problem. With the ac on, its 3.1 galons per day about $12.00. Thats much better than my Tahoe! At 7,000 miles I hope the Jackson smart center opens when I need service.

see phots on my gallery page.

MS Smartiepants 08-19-2008 01:02 AM

Yay! A fellow Mississippi smartiepants! Glad you posted, amoore007!. What has your mpgs been like in our lovely MS heat? Do you drive auto or manual?

MS Smartiepants 08-19-2008 01:06 AM

Bum-bling-B!

Yep, I know, it's an oxymoron.... *laughs* No offense taken.

When my tag comes in, it will say: SMRTNMS
Nice oxymoron, eh?

Yep, that would be mine that you saw in Bham on August 2. I couldn't make it up that weekend... had to slave at the hospital.

Out of curiosity, does the red interior match the red paint job? In the pictures when I configured the car, the interior looked more orange than red. I decided to opt for the safe side and went with the black/gray interior.

Aimee

amoore007 08-21-2008 10:57 AM

I'm about 37, 38, 39 mostly I-59 driving. That is at 70- 79 mph

LPBailey 09-14-2008 09:39 AM

North Mississippi Here

I got my Pure from Birmingham on August 14. It is solid black with the gray interior. Since it has effectively doubled my mileage compared to the Cherokee I am quite pleased.

The only real hassle to date has been explaining to everybody in the small town (population 2,500) where I live (some 45 miles from where I work) what the car is. They all want it to be a Toyota or some other manufacturer. When I say it is a Smart and is made by Smart it gets funny looks. Yes it is a Daimler product just like Mercedes but Daimler also owns Chrysler and Chrysler is no more a Mercedes than Mercedes is a Chrysler. Getting people to grasp that is a challenge.

Anyhow, I am still tweaking my roller-skate to make it my own. There are a few small items left that I feel will make it the ultimate commuter machine. Not that they are necessary, it is a great car as it is.

MS Smartiepants 09-15-2008 12:00 AM

I understand LPBailey's problem. When people hear of the Mercedes connection they immediately think it cost a bundle. So then I have to explain, no, it's an economy car, just a fun one! :)

It's funny, I get plenty of stares, but have only been approached a few times. Fine by me, though.

rwjrn 09-15-2008 01:10 AM

I'm dying to try the BBQ at The Shed. I think a 4600 mile round trip might be a bit ambitious though. :eek: When does hurricaine season end? We Californians can only handle earthquakes.

amoore007 09-29-2008 08:43 PM

Hurricane season...JUNE 1 to NOVEMBER 30 with august being the peak. I drove my smart to work through Gustav. No problems.