2 a/c questions - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
2 a/c questions

1. when accelerating from a stop and the a/c cycles off why does your head jerk back? if you say it is because it releases horsepower then if that was the case when you were driving and the a/c was on you wouldn't have enough horsepower to get out of your own way.... I have owned 30 cars in my life and other then feeling the compressor cycle ever so slightly there was never a feeling like the Smart produces.

2. I noticed the temp slider switch has an unusual detent when sliding it down. Ease the switch slowly up and all the detents feel normal but slide it down and the detent after 70 has a big jump like one of the detents is missing (but it really isn't).

hope this makes sense to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,343 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Garage
1) You are driving a 3 cylinder car! It will never have the acceleration snap of a V8, or even a 4 cylinder car. If your 30 cars, were any of them a 3 cylinder car with A/C? most cars with even 4 cylinders don't usually offer A/C. In the end, it isn't fair to compare the performance to any other car unless it has the same wheelbase, weight, aerodynamics, engine, transmission , etc.

2) the temp slider and the fan switch are rotary switches made of plastic. I have had both of mine break off, and I was able to super glue them back together so they would work. Again, not a high cost car here. The detents are just plastic and they do wear after time. You can purchase a replacement heater control assembly for about $350 and get that feel of a brand new setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimvw57 For This Useful Post:
TRobinson6 (04-08-2019)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
make it question 3 now

are the white markings on the a/c buttons painted on the button face or on the underside? I was wondering because mine are fading and I am careful not to push on the markings, and I was thinking of putting some clear paint on to prevent it or would the paint soften and remove the markings?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode