Smart Car of America Forum banner

Brabus anyone ...50%+off on e-bay

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Smartvegan 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Hey now... I wasn't trying to hide or down play any damage.. I mentioned that it needs air bags AND minor interior items..

I don't know much about smart cars besides you need to read to owners manual to find the battery!

Its been several months, so i dont recall which one, but the rollback driver said the driver was going 25 or 35 mph.

If it doesn't sell, is there a good market for used parts for these vehicles? I have received inquiries about the wheels, flat tire repair kit, and a gentleman out of California that wants to put a 1300cc Hayabusa motor in it.

Thanks!

#8 ·
Hey now... I wasn't trying to hide or down play any damage.. I mentioned that it needs air bags AND minor interior items..

I don't know much about smart cars besides you need to read to owners manual to find the battery!

Its been several months, so i dont recall which one, but the rollback driver said the driver was going 25 or 35 mph.

If it doesn't sell, is there a good market for used parts for these vehicles? I have received inquiries about the wheels, flat tire repair kit, and a gentleman out of California that wants to put a 1300cc Hayabusa motor in it.
Seems like there is a steady demand for parts. I hear that some individuals parted out salvaged smarts making $6G+ Some of those cars were badly damaged on sede+corner or like, engine ind tranny should bring several G's alone.

#9 ·
Parting it out can be good
Especially since the engine is in the back. Every now and then someone is looking for an Engine or trany. And the seats will go too if the airbags are still in them.

Heck, that radio alone could fetch quite a few coin.

The wheels have lots of value

And all the remaining body panels can all be parted out for $100 each.

Then you got all the different computers, Brakes, Suspension,.....

#10 ·
I have that radio,it is a JVC 7000BT.Great radio and nav unit $700-$850 new on Amazon.Otherwise PART IT OUT! I am one of those looking for odd parts-dashtop in black,all the light grey plastic trim,etc............
Found those + more but something new always pops into my head,like maybe covering the center console in suede?

#14 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info. There are 34 watchers so maybe somebody will bid on it in the last 30 minutes. Seems like that happens alot. Most of the watchers are probably SCOA guys!
I was one of them :p
looks like winning bid is from someone with feedback of ZERO...I do not mean to rain on your parade (and you probably already know that selling on ebay and all), but on e-bay that means that very likely to be a dead bider...in my personal experience anyway. However, second chance may be only 100 dolars behind at $6100...good luck anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.