post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,456 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
It isn't in newer Owner's Manual, but seems to be operating that way still...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 02:20 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
hit a bump htr shuts off no fan no anything

i live in maryland and the problem my wife is having with hers is , she hits a medium bump and the fan shuts off then she hits another bump it comes back on usually happens when the bump or pothole or manhole cover is on the right side of the car any idea's we got a service set up for next saturday in annapolis maryland at the dealer , but havent have a great experience with them yet even though we got two smarts we purchased both from mercedes benz /smart of annapolis maryland , but seems like we are treated like one legged step children.:smartje.bl.zw : we love the mechanic he is top notch !! just the service center people are just ok
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensussman View Post
i live in maryland and the problem my wife is having with hers is , she hits a medium bump and the fan shuts off then she hits another bump it comes back on usually happens when the bump or pothole or manhole cover is on the right side of the car any idea's we got a service set up for next saturday in annapolis maryland at the dealer , but havent have a great experience with them yet even though we got two smarts we purchased both from mercedes benz /smart of annapolis maryland , but seems like we are treated like one legged step children.:smartje.bl.zw : we love the mechanic he is top notch !! just the service center people are just ok
Sounds like a loose connection where the blower motor plugs into the wiring harness.....but that's just my guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 05:01 PM

Could be that or bad brushes in the blower motor. I'm afraid I am going to have to clean mine - occasionally I have to slap the underside of the passenger side dash to get it to start. It started this summer and has done it 2 or 3 times.

It's a bit of a drive for you, but Smart Center Germantown's service department is top notch.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the replies, I never new that the defroster turned on the AC automatically. In my situation the position is set at torso or feet though so may it thinks the cabin is too hot like someone suggested based of the cabin sensor.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The other thing I was thinking is I tend to drive with the top down and the heat on... winters and California get down to 50 sometimes and the heater still does the same cycling which makes me think it isn't the in cabin eye trying to regulate it
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:16 AM
SCOA Club

Garage
at the smart dealer now . am being told $409.00 for a replacement blower motor. thank good ness for the ext warrenty. hopefully there wont be any hidden charges but will keep everyone updated .just a quick question ?? DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY SMARTS IN THE JUNKYARDS IN THE AREA ? SURE WOULD NOT MIND TRYING TO GET SOME SPARE PARTS FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME [email protected] .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in