Keeping Her Clean? Has anyone tried... (Re: 5 Star Shine) - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keeping Her Clean? Has anyone tried... (Re: 5 Star Shine)

this stuff?
Never Wax Your Car Again! - 5 Star Shine

Just wondering if it really works, and I don't know if it would make a difference on the panels, being plastic material?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 AM

Most of the time, these "never wax your car again" products do not contain any wax. It doesn't mean never have to apply their crap over and over again. Its an interesting play on words. What products to use is strictly personal. There have been tons of discussions on this issue. When everything was said and done, I decided to go with Plexus. Probably the easiest product to apply I have ever used.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:52 PM

I used "Never Bathe Again" After about a month and a half I found it didn't live up to its hype! But the only way to find out is to give it a shot. Let us know. The worse that could happen is that you have to "Wax Your Car Again"

Plus, you have a Smart! Should only take you about 3-4 minutes max to wax. I'd rather find out the product sux on a Smart than on an Excursion!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
No thx

Thanks but no thanks. Years ago, I bought that "Nu Finish" wax that was suppose to last a whole year going through 20-30 car washes and still beads. Well, that wasn't the case. At least it was cheap so I had nothing to lose.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 PM
SCOA Club

Try it...just don't spend a lot on it. Personally, I enjoy detailing, polishing, and waxing all my cars several times year. I'll take max shine over less work any day.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 PM

Don't be knocking Nu Finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeagle View Post
Thanks but no thanks. Years ago, I bought that "Nu Finish" wax that was suppose to last a whole year going through 20-30 car washes and still beads. Well, that wasn't the case. At least it was cheap so I had nothing to lose.
Over the years I have tried several products and I just gave up and use Nu Finish. There claim that it lasted a year I never believed in the first place. Ever seen the Subway sandwich commercial? Do you think that there subs are really that big? I really don't know how they can get away with a commercial like that. But as far as Nu Finish I wax my car's 3 times per year and it does a pretty good job. If you want to do the extra step try the clay bar. I was really impressed with it. Have you tried the new Turtle Wax Ice? I heard whats good about that is you can get it on plastic and it will wipe right off. By the way what does Smart say to use on it's panels?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 05:39 AM

I bought "Rejex" that many people in the forums mentioned about it, for plastic panels. Not sure how it holds up yet, just put it on 4 days ago.

Washed the car, made sure all the PITA bug spots were completely gone first, which seemed to take longer than the entire application. Thing I noticed about rejex was it did go on and off with very little effort compared to car waxes. It also got rid of the swirl marks, spider web effect in the rear side plastic and the painted areas.

If I over shot while applying on the unpainted areas, it didnt seem to be too difficult to take off, like how waxes seems to leave a white film, but then discovered when I used Rain-X on all the windows, the rain-x seemed to take off any over smear on the unpainted areas.

Having black/black is alot of upkeep, but I dont mind, I wash mine every few days or least rinsing off the dust to keep it clean.

Time to go wash again
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 06:47 PM
SCOA Club

I just put my 2005 CRV up for sale to buy a second smart. I used the Turtle Wax Ice, Interior cleaner and liquid clay bar. The exterior ice is strange in that it goes on clear, no residue. You put it on everything but the windows, buff off the excess. It certainly made the CRV look great. I'm going to put it on the smart in the next couple weeks.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 02:03 PM

I have just used the Turtle Wax Ice on my smart, one day ago in prep for our first Central Texas Meet-n-Drive. It really made my smart shine. Don't know how well it protects but it sure went on easy. I used RainX for the first time ever on the glass, kinda weird application (didn't film over much) and as Texas never gets rain it should work GREAT!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 07:15 AM

REJEX is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDE View Post
I bought "Rejex" that many people in the forums mentioned about it, for plastic panels. Not sure how it holds up yet, just put it on 4 days ago.

Washed the car, made sure all the PITA bug spots were completely gone first, which seemed to take longer than the entire application. Thing I noticed about rejex was it did go on and off with very little effort compared to car waxes. It also got rid of the swirl marks, spider web effect in the rear side plastic and the painted areas.

If I over shot while applying on the unpainted areas, it didnt seem to be too difficult to take off, like how waxes seems to leave a white film, but then discovered when I used Rain-X on all the windows, the rain-x seemed to take off any over smear on the unpainted areas.

Having black/black is alot of upkeep, but I dont mind, I wash mine every few days or least rinsing off the dust to keep it clean.

Time to go wash again
I love REJEX. It makes cleaning off bugs on the front wicked easy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode