Smart Car of America Forum banner

Maintenance reset

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  The Rigger 
#1 ·
I have 17150 miles on my 2009 Passion. I bought the car in August of 09 new with less than 30 miles on the od. I reset the maintenance wrench at about 10300 last year (I do my oil changes every 5000). that being said, my reset symbol came on at 17150. It was the double wrench symbol which I thought at the time was something other than routine maintenance-I just now reset it and it went back to 10000 miles. That almost tells me that it thinks there is 20000 on the car which it doesn't have. The other question, can I do a reset even if I don't have the symbol indicated? In other words, at my next oil change (20000) can I reset it for the 10000 miles? I still love the car and will be heading to Michigan this June. It will be a 3000 mile round trip drive but am looking forward to it. My Dad lives about 3 miles from the headquarter offices north of Detroit.

#4 ·
You can reset at any time and the clock will restart ticking for either 10,000 miles or One year, Whatever comes first.

I'm not so sure about that...

I hit 30K on Oct. 4th, '10, had the service, and reset the counter at 30,150 or so... I'm well over 40K now - hit 40K on 4/16/11 - close to 40,500 and have yet to see any flashing wrenches.

I have no idea what they use as a count reference any more...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.