• 2 Post By Igor Barbaros
  • 1 Post By jimvw57

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
tech manual

I had heard that there was a technical manual to download (not owners manual or Evilution)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,343 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Garage
The only tech manual I am aware of is the Mercedes site and that has a hefty price on it! A monthly charge..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Is this what you're looking for?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16AI...w?usp=drivesdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRobinson6 View Post
I had heard that there was a technical manual to download (not owners manual or Evilution)
TRobinson6 and mnsamson like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Igor Barbaros For This Useful Post:
TRobinson6 (04-16-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator
SCOA Club

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Barbaros View Post
Nice Manual!! first I have seen this, Thank you for bringing it to our attention!!
TRobinson6 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimvw57 For This Useful Post:
TRobinson6 (04-16-2019)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Can't take credit for it. I found it here in the forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvw57 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Barbaros View Post
Nice Manual!! first I have seen this, Thank you for bringing it to our attention!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:37 AM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,802 Times in 3,516 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
That is funny.......
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
SCOA Club

Garage
Think I am getting old.. suffering from CRS syndrome I guess...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
thank you guys....now if someone could just remember the junk they told me about.....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 AM
King of Smart Gadgetry
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Garage
Just a few weeks ago I posted about this site having a good selection of Smart Fortwo manuals.

https://www.emanualonline.com/advanc...tion=1&x=0&y=0

If I remember correctly I purchased the last one on the list, the "Smart Fortwo 451 series Full service and Repair Manual 2008-2011. It was $19.95. You pay for it online with a credit or debit card or Paypal. The file was 17 GB downloaded. It took about 45 minutes to download on my Cable 400 megabit connection. I downloaded it late at night when I figured traffic to the site would be less.

You download it to your computer. Then they send you an email with the username and password and a link to another site of theirs that gives complete instructions how to set it up and the link to download the very small install file to begin your setup.

You click the install file and it is menu driven. The way it is set up, this manual program is the actual Mercedes Benz WIS and ASRA programs that the Mercedes techs uses from 2017. But instead of it going online to access the Mercedes server it sets up a file directly on your machine to provide all the functions, so you need not to be connected to the internet to use it. The install program asks you how large of a partition to use to set up the entire program. I set mine at 50 GB. It actually suggested 100GB which is a lot of drive space. I run a 1 TB drive in my laptop and a 3TB USB external drive but I still only allocated 50GB for the partition. It sets up the partition then sets up a "Virtual computer" that runs inside your computers own desktop. When you click on the icon to run the program (Oracle VM Virualbox), it boots up a version of Windows 7 Ultimate. Then you can click on the Mercedes icon and it loads the repair program.

The one I downloaded covers all 450, 451, 452, 454 Smarts all over the world. It also cover all the Sprinter vans and all the Mercedes cars back a few years. It's not a yearly subscription site. You buy it and it is your copy on your computer to use it for life. I would suggest making a backup copy of all the install programs on a separate pen drive or USB drive just for safe keeping. I would also print off the email and keep a copy of the username and password taped to your computer.

I have searched for a long time to find something that would help a Smart owner repair and for me as a mechanic, it filled the bill nicely. It is fairly easy to search and use the program. I haven't had time to sit down and dedicate myself to learning it enough to be proficient at it's use, but I am able to navigate through it enough to find what I needed it for and that was SRS wiring diagrams.

They also have the option that you can buy the program on a USB pen drive and you can install the program from it instead of having to download it. Seems it was over $50 for that option.

Just passing on the news. Not affiliated in any way with Emanual Online. But I am all for sharing any info that will help my fellow Smart owners keep your cars in tip top shape. We know that any kind of Fortwo info has been elusive and next to impossible to find. So just evaluate whether it would meet your needs. If a Chilton, Motor or Hayes manual was available for the Smart it would probably cost more than $20 and not have near the info this program does. DCO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DreamCarOwner For This Useful Post:
Ataki (04-17-2019), Optimist (04-17-2019), Smart Bob (04-17-2019)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode