I might be selling my extra Smart - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I might be selling my extra Smart

So I did the reserve back in sep of 07. Did the configuration, but since then, they are now making into an 09 model which means no pure with see through roof. Now, I get the email to reconfigure and when I do it goes into production and is estimated to be done in Decemberish. My wife was going to sell her scion xa and take the Smart I'm driving now and I'd take the new one, but the buyer for the scion backed out and she's thinking of holding onto it instead. So... that leaves me with an option to hang onto the Smart I've been driving and then selling the incoming one. Wondering if it would work out to have someone lined up to buy it and then configure it the way they want it. Not looking to retire from the sale, like 2k for myself to cover what I paid for my first one. Also, if the panels from 08 and 09 are interchangeable, I might give up my 08 Yellow panels if that person would rather have them instead of the 09 color. I have till Sept 20th to send in the reconfiguration, if I don't get any offers I'll reconfigure it myself. I'm in the De Pere WI area and the Milwaukee dealership is who it would be going through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Did the reconfiguration, and went with a Passion with the new Grey Metallic Panels. DDE says I should expect it as early as Nov 19/08 to Jan 19/09. It's up for grabs and I could even swap the yellow panels I have for the Grey Metallic ones.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Did the reconfiguration, and went with a Passion with the new Grey Metallic Panels. DDE says I should expect it as early as Nov 19/08 to Jan 19/09. It's up for grabs and I could even swap the yellow panels I have for the Grey Metallic ones.
What I would do if I was you, since it takes a long time for it to come in. I would just let it come in, and at that time, your wife might change her mind. Also, there has been discussion on the swapping to another person. It can't be done. Only way is for you to buy it outright, then go and turn around and sell it. So, either way, you take it when it comes in, or Orphan it. I would just let it come in and maybe by then, you have found a buyer for the scion.

Just my 2 cents on that. Be happy you have one and have configured a second. I just configured my first in Aug. hehe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode