Smart Car of America Forum banner

[Ohio] Has anyone received the call yet?

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  jwight 
#1 · (Edited)
Val? RLEEN? Anybody.....

John

#5 ·
Does email count?:)

I have been in contact with the Germain sales rep (name not mentioned to protect her/him from spam). There is some delay (admin stuff) with them getting online to get the order details. I did share with them my order info, and have had multiple emails today with them on this topic. So stay tuned, they seem to be very responsive and helpful, so no news is probably not a result of their lack of attention, but my guess a lack of new information.

Hang in there....

#9 ·
I spoke with him on Friday; they will not be open and ready to receive cars until late Feb. My car will be delivered to Louisville, along with Val's I think. Smart would not let them deliver cars out of their nearly new Mercedes facility; it has to be the smart center or nothing.

John

#8 ·
My number is 1197 so I don't expect to see the car until late FEB and more likely MAR. But he was pleasant to talk to and had just opened the contact info. I spoke with him yesterday. From Avon it is not worth the drive they do not have any cars on display as of yesterday. But call him ask for Greg Mason, call Mercedes Benz of Bedford.

#18 ·
Any Smart Purchasers from around Toledo, Ohio?

I'm wondering if there are any upcoming fortwo purchasers from the Toledo, Ohio area and if there are, are you assigned to Bedford dealership or is the Bloomfield Hills dealer in Michigan going to be your delivering dealer?

I was hoping that the Mercedes dealer in Toledo would become a Smart dealership and when I talked to them VERY early on, they were all fired up about it. Then after actual dealership applications were being requested, I was told that they were NOT going to be a dealer. I don't know if they weren't willing to make the commitment once they learned all that dealers had to do or if they applied and got rejected along with several hundreds of other existing dealerships.

I'm hoping that maybe they will come on board later on if and when Smart expands the number of authorized dealerships.

Right now, I feel a long ways away distance-wise from most of the Smart purchasers I've chatted with. It would be nice to connect with some that are closer for local gatherings and such.

#19 ·
Hello Mr. Harley duo, I live in Perrysburg Ohio res # 1294. I have not called Bloomfield Hills yet, but I want them as my dealer. I'm not surprised about VinDivers Mercedes not getting a dealership as I believe they refuse to build a freestanding dealership for their Mercedes or Audi franchises. My wife and I were one of the first MINI owners in the area. Look foward talking to you. I live on the other side of the expressway from the new Bass Pro

#20 ·
Ah, ScarGo...I actually know where that is....roughly, that is..

I live in Adrian, and while I've been to Bloomfield, it's still quite a 'trek' when you don't live near any freeways. I often go down to Signature Harley Davidson in Perrysburg. What color car do you have coming and how soon do you expect it? My car will have the Michigan plate "SMART42" on it. I'll watch for your car when I'm down that way.

#21 ·
Haven't been contacted yet... soon I hope being #1294. I was thinking White Passion with a silver tridon. I like the beige interior but not the reflection of the dash in the window. also i saw a car with gradient mirror tint today on the windows and thought it would look great. My family and I are going to the auto show monday so they can all tell me i'm crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.