Smart Car of America Forum banner

smart meet at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

8K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  wildman 
#1 · (Edited)
To all in the Midwest

This past week, smart center Indianapolis and myself have been working on the details for our "Community Day" event. We're REALLY excited about this event, especially the thought of having 100 smarts "Lap the Track"!!! :eek:

A formal announcement with details and RSVP will come from Walter Grassi, brand manager at SCI, in the next week or so to the SCI customers. Once those invitations are sent, I will post one on this thread as well for anyone else who would like to attend.

THIS will be an enormous event for smart...not just SCI but smartUSA as well and YOU can be a big part of it!!!!

Please mark it on your calendar NOW....Wednesday, May 20, 2009! It will be a 'full day event', so plan accordingly!!!!
:D

For those of you that want more info on "Community Day", here's a link: American Family Insurance 500 Festival Community Day - 500 Festival

#11 ·
A big thanks to all!

As the "Co-Host" for the Indy Event, I want to thank each and every smart owner that participated. We had a great turnout, with an official total of 127 smarts in attendance and at least a couple 'smarties' from our friends north of the border. We even had a non-smart owner fly in from Seattle just for this event.

Also, I would like to thank smart center Indianapolis, our other Co-Host Walter Grassi...brand manager as well as Linda Pettenaro...brand principal, Ryan aka "SMART" of SCOA for his contributions and of course a big THANK YOU to Mr Russ Hill, V.P. of smart USA who also flew in just to attend our event.

This of course was our maiden voyage and was not without incidents and glitches. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. We were blessed with great weather and everyone seemed to really enjoy mingling with other smart owners and taking in the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Our hopes are that the "Second Annual" meet will be even bigger and better.

Thanks again to all for making "smart Goes to the Indy 500 Track" a big success!!!!! :D

#13 · (Edited)
Yep....I'm already planning. Working on traveling a different route OR maybe meeting up somewhere for breakfast first before heading to the track.

We ended up with 127 smarts this year and we would like to best that for 2010. My only concern with increasing the attendance from this year is that the smart Nationals in KC are in early June, so some that may have been able to attend this past May might not be able to make two meets so close together. 2010 may end up being more of a 'local event' than a Regional one. We'll just have to wait and see.

Regardless, in the works for 2010 are also some activities at the track as well as taking a tour of the IMS facility as a group or maybe several small groups.

I'll keep everyone informed through SCOA as to the plans. Thanks for your interest and we hope to see you there!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.