LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A big thanks to all!

As the "Co-Host" for the Indy Event, I want to thank each and every smart owner that participated. We had a great turnout, with an official total of 127 smarts in attendance and at least a couple 'smarties' from our friends north of the border. We even had a non-smart owner fly in from Seattle just for this event.

Also, I would like to thank smart center Indianapolis, our other Co-Host Walter Grassi...brand manager as well as Linda Pettenaro...brand principal, Ryan aka "SMART" of SCOA for his contributions and of course a big THANK YOU to Mr Russ Hill, V.P. of smart USA who also flew in just to attend our event.

This of course was our maiden voyage and was not without incidents and glitches. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. We were blessed with great weather and everyone seemed to really enjoy mingling with other smart owners and taking in the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Our hopes are that the "Second Annual" meet will be even bigger and better.

Thanks again to all for making "smart Goes to the Indy 500 Track" a big success!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I know it is about 7 months out yet, but I see the American Family Insurance 500 Festival Community Day is scheduled for Wednesday, May 26, 2010. Are there plans in the works for another 100+ smarts to be there? I unfortunatley did not get to participate this year, but am eager to at the next one.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_yellow_cabriolet View Post
I know it is about 7 months out yet, but I see the American Family Insurance 500 Festival Community Day is scheduled for Wednesday, May 26, 2010. Are there plans in the works for another 100+ smarts to be there? I unfortunatley did not get to participate this year, but am eager to at the next one.

Yep....I'm already planning. Working on traveling a different route OR maybe meeting up somewhere for breakfast first before heading to the track.

We ended up with 127 smarts this year and we would like to best that for 2010. My only concern with increasing the attendance from this year is that the smart Nationals in KC are in early June, so some that may have been able to attend this past May might not be able to make two meets so close together. 2010 may end up being more of a 'local event' than a Regional one. We'll just have to wait and see.

Regardless, in the works for 2010 are also some activities at the track as well as taking a tour of the IMS facility as a group or maybe several small groups.

I'll keep everyone informed through SCOA as to the plans. Thanks for your interest and we hope to see you there!!!

Last edited by Big Panda; 10-25-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,802 Times in 3,516 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds great - hope you'll provide all the attendees with a route map in case the leader gets uh, momentarily disoriented again.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 05:32 AM

Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
WHAT :eek:,

You won't be taking the "short cut" through Illinois

Count me IN Panda !!!

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 AM
SCOA Club

Big Panda
You can put me on the list, if you are starting one. Had a great time last year.

note to myself..........Put new battery in camera and charge, or buy new camera to be prepared.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode