Who's a Cheese-Head? - Page 6 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
forestacademy,

I am in Madison and looking forward to the possibility of a smartcenter here some day. In the meantime, particularly if you want work done under warranty, you have to take it back to Milwaukee.

My Check Engine light is on, and rather than go all the way to Milwaukee just to find out that the gas cap was loose, I was told that I could have anyone with the proper equipment read the engine codes, and then I was able to confirm with Erik that it was not critical for me to bring it in immediately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 01:44 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffK View Post
forestacademy,

My Check Engine light is on, and rather than go all the way to Milwaukee just to find out that the gas cap was loose, I was told that I could have anyone with the proper equipment read the engine codes, and then I was able to confirm with Erik that it was not critical for me to bring it in immediately.
This is exactly the kind of trip I would like to try and avoid. Driving 150 miles to check a code and rest a light for a lose gas cap is not very green.

When I asked at the smart center in MKE they said I could use a local Bergstrom service for things like this. I was hoping someone would have broken in a dealer like the Cadilac dealer since the Hummer dealer seems to have been emptied.

To Bad "Smart" cant just take over those "H" Buildings

post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 AM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
newest Madison area smart

Picked ours up on Friday.

Drove to Madison to my Wife’s office so she could do the final drive home after work.

Went up to give her the keys and she calls out amongst the cubicles "Who wants to see the new car" We emptied the office.

We had 15 engineers huddled around the car with all the usual questions.

We have only seen Smarts in Madison once or twice before this week. As my wife was pulling out of her office for the first time in her new yellow and black smart, a red one passed by. What are the odds?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,648 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffK View Post
forestacademy,

I am in Madison and looking forward to the possibility of a smartcenter here some day. In the meantime, particularly if you want work done under warranty, you have to take it back to Milwaukee.

I was born in Madison and was forced to move to IL. No worries though, when I move out, I will be going to the University of Wisconsin. I am a cheesehead and even though I live in IL. I love my homestate!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode