Smart Car of America Forum banner

453 Maintenance Due Dash Reset

23K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  jwight 
#1 ·
Mercedes guards this information like it was Area 51! The owner's manual only states that an authorized Mercedes/Smart will perform this reset. Well, my fellow forum members, I will share the reset method will you now....

It's literally a one-button push operation. First, using the up/down buttons on your steering wheel, pull up on the OLED dash display the screen which shows the maintenance due in ____ miles. Mine said "Maintenance 200 miles past due"... oops:) Then press and hold the "ok" button. Do not let up for what seems to be quite a while..... the display (a service wrench icon?) will begin to blink. Continue holding down the button and be patient. Then, bam! It will reset back to 10,000 miles! So in summary, push the "ok" button one loooooog time is all you do! Hope this helps.

#10 · (Edited)
I NEED HELP WITH MY 2009 TWOFOR Cabriolet! Silly lights and scary !

OK….First time here...…….not sure where to go. I have that Little Black Wrench light going on and then it goes off. But it is associated with some weird sound like a "that old timey way of putting a deck of cards in your bicycle tire" sound. But...….…..it goes away when I turn off the car and then turn it on again. What the heck? I have NO IDEA what is wrong with my little 2009 Smart fortwo Cabriolet car named Blueberry. It has 84,000 miles on it and really hasn't been driven in at least three months. It has been started every other day, though. I am not a car-brain. I am 60 yrs young and have absolutely no clue what is wrong. Can anyone help so I can call my son and tell him? At this point, I can't find my owner's manual to describe it further. :( HOPEFUL in DALLAS, Just help me Michele.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.