• 1 Post By Mister_smart_LA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Upgrading the 453-Which One?!

Good morning everyone,

I am planning on purchasing some performance upgrades for my 2016 Smart 453. I was originally thinking of going with the Smart Madness Stage 2 kit but then found the Lorinser module and now think I may go with that and get the Go Pedal from Madness to go with it. Any advice? Would the Madness Madule be the better option over the Lorinser and does anyone know if the Lorinser is detectable for warranty reasons? It looks like you can just remove it and it won't be detectable.

Does any recommend any other options that may provide more "bang for the buck" that is pretty easy install and wont void the warranty.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Golden View Post
Good morning everyone,

I am planning on purchasing some performance upgrades for my 2016 Smart 453. I was originally thinking of going with the Smart Madness Stage 2 kit but then found the Lorinser module and now think I may go with that and get the Go Pedal from Madness to go with it. Any advice? Would the Madness Madule be the better option over the Lorinser and does anyone know if the Lorinser is detectable for warranty reasons? It looks like you can just remove it and it won't be detectable.

Does any recommend any other options that may provide more "bang for the buck" that is pretty easy install and wont void the warranty.

Thanks!
We designed the MAXPower from the ground up to outperform every ECM on the market. The MAXPower alone will give you horsepower increase of up to 20% while being fully reversible and untraceable. Also included in our Stage 2 is an Autoflash which will significantly change the way your transmission delivers the power/ By changing shift points, removing the torque limiters, and speeding up the shifts. Then you also get the GOPedal to remap the throttle input from the pedal. So you can fine tune the throttle response to your particular driving and occasion. And then you finish it all off with a BMC Air Filter, the single best air filter on the market.

The Maxpower and GOPedal come with a 30-day money back guarantee. So if you don't like it for any reason simply contact us. We will take them back and give you your money.

Let us know if you have any questions
The Following User Says Thank You to SmartMadness For This Useful Post:
epo760 (08-05-2018)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Does the go-pedal only work with the auto trans ? Since the manual 5 speed is still fly by wire , is that an option for that too ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 09:34 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 2,424 Times in 1,440 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
Does the go-pedal only work with the auto trans? Since the manual 5 speed is still fly by wire, is that an option for that too?
Correct observation and as the GOPedal (and GOPedal Plus w/Bluetooth) closes the response time gap in the drive by wire - either tranny should be fine.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 10:43 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
Does the go-pedal only work with the auto trans ? Since the manual 5 speed is still fly by wire , is that an option for that too ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB DNA View Post
Correct observation and as the GOPedal (and GOPedal Plus w/Bluetooth) closes the response time gap in the drive by wire - either tranny should be fine.
The GOPedal is not dependant on the transmission. It does not affect or communicate with the transmission at all and only interfaces with the throttle and ECU. So yes you can use a GOPedal with a manual and auto without any issue.

Now the Autoflash will only change the settings in an auto. If you have a manual, it will still plug in and download the software but because there is no TCM there will be no noticeable changes.

Let us know if you have any other questions
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 12:32 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
After having personally driven a MADNESS smart for over a year, I can say that it has the most powerful mid-top end performance of any smart 453 that I've driven. When other sports car drivers witness your acceleration they will often try to catch you. It's fast enough to bait anybody into trying to race you so be careful!

After having increased the speed, I recommend upgrading your brakes and suspension.
amosd70 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode