Parting Out a 2016 Smart - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Parting Out a 2016 Smart

Hey there! I was wondering if anybody in this forum would have information on the best places to part out a 2016 Smart ForTwo? I was recently in an accident and my baby got totalled, but we’re looking to part it out to recoup more money from it. I wasn’t sure if Craigslist would be a good spot, or if I should part it out elsewhere that would be more Smart oriented. For the most part, the car is okay and all accessories within the vehicle are still in perfect condition. It was hit on the front passenger corner, so everything inside is untouched. The seats are both perfect, radio, instrument cluster, speakers, doors, rear wheels, tachometer/clock thing, (1) side mirror, windshield wipers, both rear lights, (1) headlight cluster, and the entire motor is unscathed. The hatch window and door is untouched as well. Also, not sure if it matters but my vehicle was a manual transmission. I’ve attached (2) photos of the damage to illustrate how everything is still pretty much okay. If anyone has more information on where would be the best place to part it out, please contact me! Or if you’re looking for something off of my car, don’t hesitate to ask! Like I’ve said, most everything is in perfect like-new condition except for some exterior pieces and the fluid reservoirs up front.
And yes, for anyone wondering, I will be getting a new 2016 Smart here soon, so all is well.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*NOTE* I don’t know how to upload photos I guess. And I don’t get how imgur works either. So if someone would like to help I’d be happy to upload the photos!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 05:27 AM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,802 Times in 3,516 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
You can list the items for sale, with prices, in the smart parts marketplace on this site....

https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/fo...st-images-899/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
All at The Same Time Itemized by each Item, so they can be Searched as a single Item...
1) ALL Smart Car Forums
2) Craigslist
3) E BAY
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Garage
It will be a huge PIA to list every single part that is good, since it sounds like the car is in reasonably decent shape. I suggest starting by saying that the entire car is for sale at $XXX and then add that you would be willing to part out if there is interest in a particular item(s). As individual parts are sold, adjust your price as necessary and say something like complete except for these parts.....

Len
2014 EV Coupe 15,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 6,000 miles
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
where are you located?

parting out is the best way to make money, take note from Autobahn Used SMART 451 PartsAutobahn Smart Car 451 Parts

i have a 2016 for $9750 private seller,title in hand if you wanted to pocket most of your insurance check ;)

[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode